Silly Season 2011 Thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Re: SIlly Season 2011 Thread

You're right about Webber. They should have aimed for Raikonnen.

raymondu999

Let's not start a flame/troll war here...
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

The should have, but havnt. I think that it would be wrong for Kimi to come back after a single year WRC as this would say he has admitted defeat after a single try.

And for Red Bull, it provides contenuity with the tightening of aero rules next year and the new tyre manufacturer. This will be good as its likley that all the Teams will stay in Abu Dhabi for more than 3 weeks at the end of the season as it will mean Bridgestone can end their comitment ASAP as their comitment ends when the young guys get their 4 days in the cars at the end of the season. And the teams will likley to stay in Abu Dhabi for one futher 4 day test with the teams race drivers (If they are contracted, if not it will likley be young drivers again) as this way they can more readily compair tire data to what Bridgestone was providing.

I can see about 80% of the teams stay with what they already have from 2010 into 2011.

WhiteBlue

Lol, the Webber deal was known for weeks! This locks out the grid down to STR IMO.

I would never call a deal on Sauber until the money has changed hands. There may be interest at ART but there could also be a lot of deal breakers. Depending on ownership the driver situation at Sauber/Hinwil is completely up in the air.
I agree that Epsilon should make the 2011 selection.
Heidfeld could turn up at Force India but they would probably not want to employ two Germans and Sutil is not likely to change with the top teams set in stone. Heidfeld could also replace Hülkenberg at Williams unless Nico pulls up his socks pretty fast.

Red Bull will stay with Renault because Ferrari will not want to see their engine in a competing top team and frankly spoken are not better than Renault. A Merc engine isn't available. Williams will stay with Cosworth which really is their best long term option of integrating their KERS system with an engine.

Red Bull-Renault: Webber/Vettel (Confirmed)
McLaren-Mercedes: Button/Hamilton (Confirmed)
Ferarri: Alonso/Massa (as good as confirmed)
Mercedes: Schumacher/Rosberg (confirmed)
Renault: Kubica/Petrov (as good as confirmed)
Williams-Cosworth: Barrichello/Hulkenberg or Heidfeld
Force India-Mercedes: Sutil/Di Resta or Heidfeld
Toro Rosso-Ferrari: Alguersuari/Buemi

Sauber-Ferrari:
Lotus-Cosworth: Kovalainen/Trulli
Virgin-Cosworth: Glock/Di Grassi
Hispania-Cosworth: Chandhok
Epsilon:

to be confirmed
Last edited by WhiteBlue on 07 Jun 2010, 21:43, edited 1 time in total.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

raymondu999

ART Sauber-Ferrari maybe? That seems to be how Sauber's gone about all this time. Red Bull Sauber, BMW Sauber... Also there are rumors now of Hiedfeld moving back to Sauber, partnered by Bianchi.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Id not call a day on Hulkenberg yet, but aggree that there will be a returen for Heidfeld somewhere.

However, STR i also think isnt confirmed, i think that Buemi is on the cusp of getting dropped. This leads me to Riciardo.

Im calling the ART deal now, but there will be troubles allong the way to that take over.

I think it would be dumb for anyone other than Epsilon to be made the 13th entry.

WhiteBlue

ESPImperium wrote:However, STR i also think isnt confirmed, i think that Buemi is on the cusp of getting dropped. This leads me to Riciardo.
I can give you the news from the horses mouth today:
Franz Tost wrote:Unsere gegenwärtigen Piloten Sébastien Buemi und Jaime Alguersuari sind auf dem richtigen Weg und haben eine große Zukunft vor sich.

Translation: Our current drivers Sébastien Buemi and Jaime Alguersuari are on the right way and have a brilliant future ahead of them.
This does not sound like Buemi will be kicked.

German Bild is speculating today that Heidfeld will be in the the Sauber soon.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

I stand corrected.

I think that Heidfeld will replace De La Rosa soon, posibly Valencia or Silverstone more likley.

doopie2you

Massa confirmed!

Second team who makes a mistace :lol:

First Webber and now Massa they just DON'T GOT IT.
What does IDK means?? (someone) i dont know (other dude) OMG no one knows

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Alonso is the mistake. Ferrari should rehire Schumacher to partner Massa.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Id expact Renault to be next to confirm, leaving Williams, BMW Sauber (ART) and Force India as the only top drives left.

Ferarri: Alonso/Massa
McLaren-Mercedes: Button/Hamilton
Mercedes: Schumacher Rosberg
Red Bull-TBC: Webber/Vettel
STR-Ferarri: Buemi/Algeursauri
Renault: Kubica/Petrov
Lotus-Cosworth: Trulli;Kovalinenn
Force India-Mercedes: Sutil/Di Resta
Sauber-Ferarri: Heidfeld/Bianchi (Ill add the ART connection in this line as well)
Williams-TBC: Barrichello/Hulkenberg
Virgin-Cosworth: Glock/Di Grassi
Hispania-Cosworth: Klien/Chandhok
Epsilon-TBC: TBC/TBC

ringo

Will Williams use Renault engines? Sounds pretty feasible, after all Renault have said they can manage an increased demand.
For Sure!!

xpensive
xpensive

ringo wrote:Will Williams use Renault engines? Sounds pretty feasible, after all Renault have said they can manage an increased demand.
Blaming Cosworth for their failures will be a popular thing among more than one team, but Williams and Rensault seems to make sense.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

alberto222mx

andrew wrote:You're right about Webber. They should have aimed for Raikonnen.
+1,

I think with this decission Kimi's F1 career is over, he won´t sign for a small team.
doopie2you wrote: Massa confirmed!

Is not a mistake to hire Massa for the next two seasons, is the best Ferrari can do right now, bet on Alonso and put Massa as the second. The mistake was let Kimi go the last year instead of Massa.
"Why doesn´t someone tell Pedro it´s raining" - Chris Amon, 1000km Brands Hatch, 1970

doopie2you

alberto222mx wrote:
andrew wrote:You're right about Webber. They should have aimed for Raikonnen.
+1,

I think with this decission Kimi's F1 career is over, he won´t sign for a small team.
doopie2you wrote: Massa confirmed!

Is not a mistake to hire Massa for the next two seasons, is the best Ferrari can do right now, bet on Alonso and put Massa as the second. The mistake was let Kimi go the last year instead of Massa.
So you are saying that Ferrari can't handle 2 proffesional drivers so the only reason to keep massa is to get no fighting in the team :lol:
What does IDK means?? (someone) i dont know (other dude) OMG no one knows