The Conspiracy Theory (RBR-RENAULT)

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
creedbratton

Re: The Conspiracy Theory (RBR-RENAULT)

Each team is progressing in their own directions. Nothing suss going on there.

Kubica was treated very unfairly at BMW in my opinion, I think it was 2008 that he was leading the championship, when the team decided that they would develop Heidfelds car and the 2009 car.

I do think that he is in a good position at Renault though, they are willing to set up the team around him and make a move for the championship in the years to come. I just hope he chooses to stay at Renault where he would be the #1 driver.They guy has some serious talent and i would love to see him in a car that is designed for him.

ISLAMATRON

Yes because with 1(lucky) win he was so much of a WDC contender against drivers with 4,5 or 6 wins... we should all be treated so unfairly.

He had no chance at the WDC and he was the only idiot that didnt realize it(well maybe not the only one :wink: )... the team was right to focus on solidifying their WCC position and focusing on the huge rules changes for 2009.

jddh1

ISLAMATRON wrote:Yes because with 1(lucky) win he was so much of a WDC contender against drivers with 4,5 or 6 wins... we should all be treated so unfairly.

He had no chance at the WDC and he was the only idiot that didnt realize it(well maybe not the only one :wink: )... the team was right to focus on solidifying their WCC position and focusing on the huge rules changes for 2009.
That didn't really work out so well at the end did it? Perhaps they should have pushed for that title.

ISLAMATRON

which would have worked out even worse for them... with mid pack drivers like Kubica & Heidfeld its usually gonna be a lose-lose scenario

Pandamasque

zgred wrote:Here:

Hmmmm, I wonder if he'd sign a parking ticket for me.

barricadas

jddh1 wrote:give the guy a break, he's just having a laugh.
:wink: Thanks jd, that was the point.
Anyway, the conspiracy is a reality, everybody's spying. Evidence?Image

:shock: Back to therapy then ? Doctor? :wtf: :wtf:
El principio es la mitad del todo - Pitágoras

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

I would not be surprised if there is engine data going both ways between Red Bull and Renault. I would seem the most sensible thing to do to make sure that both teams can move forward.

The only conspiracy theory that is true is the one about gravity. It has been created to stop us from escaping Earth. Oh and the moon landings, they were fake. Explain why everyone gave up on that. And don't say it was down to the cost of it as that does not wash based on the other thing that get money thrown at which cost more.

THERAPY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wtf:

JohnsonsEvilTwin

andrew wrote:I would not be surprised if there is engine data going both ways between Red Bull and Renault. I would seem the most sensible thing to do to make sure that both teams can move forward.

The only conspiracy theory that is true is the one about gravity. It has been created to stop us from escaping Earth. Oh and the moon landings, they were fake. Explain why everyone gave up on that. And don't say it was down to the cost of it as that does not wash based on the other thing that get money thrown at which cost more.

Landing on the moon 6 times not enough for you? Each one costing the US tax payer circa $4 billion dollars. C'mon andrew, it was real. As for Red Bull, They have an Apollo exhaust system that evident glues the cars arse to the floor! :lol:
More could have been done.
David Purley

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:
andrew wrote:I would not be surprised if there is engine data going both ways between Red Bull and Renault. I would seem the most sensible thing to do to make sure that both teams can move forward.

Landing on the moon 6 times not enough for you? Each one costing the US tax payer circa $4 billion dollars. C'mon andrew, it was real. As for Red Bull, They have an Apollo exhaust system that evident glues the cars arse to the floor! :lol:
And tax payers money never gets wasted on anything does it?

Anyhoo, back to the topic. Did anyone see the Red Bull smash its diffuser in one of the practice sesions? It was running a wee bit too low.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

I think on the 6th occasion even NASA asked themselves the question, is this worth 4 billion? After the second time the answer is conclusively NO! :D
Still, a fantastic human achievment, much like Red Bulls RB6 :lol:
(hows that for staying on topic??!)
More could have been done.
David Purley

Blackout

ISLAMATRON wrote: Short wheel base is the reason it did so well in Monaco
Not true.

Blackout

Wheelbase is not that important, even in Monaco...

Since the winter tests and the season beginning, Renault's engineers and pilots have many times said that their car has a very good mechanic grip. They revealed that it's very stable on braking, that it have a good motricity or that it absorbs bumps very well... all that means the R30 has excellent suspensions and a good aero witch is not very sensitive to ride height variations... there are surely other qualities, and the short wheelbase is not the first of them... The engine is also very driveable.

So, that car has an excellent mechanic grip but obviously its aero is not enough homogeneous and effective; Its diffuser is a masterpiece (a monster), its front wing is sophisticated and also its splitter (rapidly copied in China and Spain by Ferrari and RBR).
This car maybe needs that 'magic' update that can homogenize the whole package... a new floor for example... or a new front wing like in Singapour 2008 ?

West

They should be data-sharing, at least on the engine side. If they are doing it for the rest of the car... then good.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

SoliRossi

Well it would make sense for RBR and Renault to be co developing the engine (RS27??) they both use it and although its homoglated (frozen) they willsurley be doing all they can to develop and make what gains are possible.

As far as the chassis and cars go there is very little chance this is the case, both cars are fundamentally different so its limited what would work on both cars.

A question re the Renault engine i have is about its re-equalisation. There seems to be a lot of confusion and different opinions as to how its all transpired, my understanding is as follows;

The end of 08 Renault were allowed to improve their engine to get it to a similar power as the Merc.

The Merc then continued to develop over the 09 season when Renault once again dropped the ball and stood still (relativley).

At the end of the 09 season Renault were down on power by reportedly 30hp again, i dont htink anyone doubts they were/still are? down on power but the figure seems to be the sticking point.

Proof of this is RBR tried to get rid of the Renault donk and get the Merc.

That didnt happen so Renault applied for another re-equalisation which was not granted, however the FIA said they would allow the more powerful engines to be de-tuned to equalise, the teams did not agree so Renault remained down on power. I reiterate there was NO equalisation at teh end of 09 start of 2010 season.

Then Renault submitted an application to the FIA to make 'reliability' changes to their engines (even thought they have basically been completeley reliable) Three was an article on Autosport about a month or so ago saying that their changes were approved.

Then that is it, we have heard nothing more other than the continued moises that the Renault is down on power still. So do we know if the engines have alredy had their upgrades? Or where its all situated?

I tend to think they got a small boost but are still underpowered. I dont buy that the RRB is only slow in the straights due to Down Force as surley the main advantage of the RB6's aero is its efficiency of aero. The generate said level of DF with less drag penalty. ie Williams could get the same levels of DF for spain but have a huge amount more drag, in turn not being their ideal set up for lap time (thats just an example to demonstrate my point).

Anyway it would be interesting to hear if anyone has any info of whats happening with the Renault donk.

pgj
pgj

Just as Brawn benefited from Honda's investment last year, RenaultF1 is benefiting from Renault France's investment. It is clear that this year's Renault is a good car. It is competing in its own right and not because of any assistance from RBR.
Williams and proud of it.