What Happened to Webber and Alonso?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Gerhard Berger

Re: What Happened to Webber and Alonso?

siskue2005 wrote:
Giblet wrote:Who wasn't prone to errors this year?

Very few top drivers.
Not as much as Alonso did
Alonso's errors and whining were really bad
I think people are focusing on the last race because that was when the chips were down and it was make it or break it time.
Thats pretty bad way to look at it, considering the season consists of lot more races

i was just against people saying the team lost the Championship for Alonso, when actually he was just not good enough in the first 2/3 rd of season, which is what lost him the WDC, not the Team!
Ferrari lost because their car was not fast enough.

Trying to pin the blame on Alonso is quite ridiculous.

Giblet

That holds true to a point, but at the same time webber finished behind Alonso but had the same car as vettel. There were many factors contributing and only one can't be blamed.

Either way they left no room for error, but there was errors in the last race.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Gerhard Berger

Giblet wrote:That holds true to a point, but at the same time webber finished behind Alonso but had the same car as vettel. There were many factors contributing and only one can't be blamed.

Either way they left no room for error, but there was errors in the last race.
I think the fact that Alonso finished higher than Webber is testament to his abilities as a driver, and shows why so many people hold him in such high regard. I think this also explains why Hamilton was relatively close to the Red Bulls in the final standings.

Totally agree on your last line. After the position they found themselves in after Spa, they needed an error free season with a podium at each race to win the championship.

siskue2005

Gerhard Berger wrote: Ferrari lost because their car was not fast enough.

so was it ferrari who made him spin on the white line at the start at Melbourne and hit some one else? and the error at Malaysia? and the jump start at China? the crash at Monaco Free practice? bad quly at Turkey? and lots and lots or error at Canda? and all the fist waving and moaning at Valencia? and the illegal overtake at Silverstone? and the crash at Spa?

were these all because Ferrari produced a bad car? :?
in 90% of above races they had a car capable of fighting for wins and podiums and it was Alonso who made these errors and lost out atleast 100 points.

Granted the car was not as good as RBR in the initial few races but there is no excuse for all the errors and massive points lost due to it. which ultimately lost him the WDC ...and moreover the RBRs were breaking apart when they were leading a race, especially Vettel...Alonso could have taken advantage and sealed the WDC long long ago.
Gerhard Berger wrote:
I think the fact that Alonso finished higher than Webber is testament to his abilities as a driver, and shows why so many people hold him in such high regard. I think this also explains why Hamilton was relatively close to the Red Bulls in the final standings.
It was not just his abilities, it was coz Weber is average and never in the same level as Vettel.
and Lewis was close to RBR in final standing is coz the RBR were grande shells breaking here and breaking there.

Gerhard Berger

siskue2005 wrote:
Gerhard Berger wrote: Ferrari lost because their car was not fast enough.

so was it ferrari who made him spin on the white line at the start at Melbourne and hit some one else? and the error at Malaysia? and the jump start at China? the crash at Monaco Free practice? bad quly at Turkey? and lots and lots or error at Canda? and all the fist waving and moaning at Valencia? and the illegal overtake at Silverstone? and the crash at Spa?

were these all because Ferrari produced a bad car? :?
in 90% of above races they had a car capable of fighting for wins and podiums and it was Alonso who made these errors and lost out atleast 100 points.
All the championship challengers made crucial errors. Bringing up races like Malaysia, Spa, Valencia and Silverstone doesn't do you any favours. Points were lost at these races more because of bad luck, and to pin the blame soley on Alonso for all of them shows your agenda.
Granted the car was not as good as RBR in the initial few races but there is no excuse for all the errors and massive points lost due to it. which ultimately lost him the WDC ...and moreover the RBRs were breaking apart when they were leading a race, especially Vettel...Alonso could have taken advantage and sealed the WDC long long ago.
And if Vettel had made no errors he would have sealed the WDC at an even earlier stage...

It was not just his abilities, it was coz Weber is average and never in the same level as Vettel.
and Lewis was close to RBR in final standing is coz the RBR were grande shells breaking here and breaking there.
Yes, because it's not like Hamilton had any mechancial issues during the season? :roll:

lolzi

Gerhard Berger, after your compelling arguments I can now see that Alonso made no errors, it was all just a classic case of bad luck.

Gerhard Berger

lolzi wrote:Gerhard Berger, after your compelling arguments I can now see that Alonso made no errors, it was all just a classic case of bad luck.
I never said Alonso made no errors.

lolzi

Gerhard Berger wrote:
lolzi wrote:Gerhard Berger, after your compelling arguments I can now see that Alonso made no errors, it was all just a classic case of bad luck.
But you do think that Silverstone and all the other mistakes he made was more "bad luck", apparently.

Gerhard Berger

lolzi wrote:
Gerhard Berger wrote:
But you do think that Silverstone and all the other mistakes he made was more "bad luck", apparently.
At Silverstone, he was told by Domenicalli to not give the position back yet because they were going to ask race control whether the pass was legal. By the time race control had got back to Ferrari indicating that they had to give the place back, Kubica had retired. Alonso would have to serve a drive through penalty instead, and to compound matters he would have to serve the penalty after a safety car period, dropping him well down the order.

So yes i'd say there was quite alot of bad luck in that, and to in the blame soley on Alonso for that is not right.

I never said ALL the other mistakes he made were bad luck, so please don't go around making false accusations.

lolzi

I'm sorry about the "false accusations" (bit dramatic, don't you think?), it was an over-exaggeration on my part. I'm also sorry for being a dick in the last few posts, I was stupid enough to begin writing when angry about something else. Seems you were the first person I disagreed a bit with :oops:
Still, I think Alonso made more mistakes than the general media "credits" him for! :)

siskue2005

Gerhard Berger wrote: All the championship challengers made crucial errors. Bringing up races like Malaysia, Spa, Valencia and Silverstone doesn't do you any favours. Points were lost at these races more because of bad luck, and to pin the blame soley on Alonso for all of them shows your agenda.
Not as much as Alonso did!

And if Vettel had made no errors he would have sealed the WDC at an even earlier stage...
I would like change your words "if Vettel DIDNT HAVE ALL THOSE car break downs when he was leading the race, he would have sealed the WDC at an even earlier " 8)
He would have even sealed the WDC by Brazil if his car didnt breakdown at Korea
Yes, because it's not like Hamilton had any mechancial issues during the season? :roll:
Not as much as the RBRs had! :roll:
Gerhard Berger wrote: At Silverstone, he was told by Domenicalli to not give the position back yet because they were going to ask race control whether the pass was legal. By the time race control had got back to Ferrari indicating that they had to give the place back, Kubica had retired. Alonso would have to serve a drive through penalty instead, and to compound matters he would have to serve the penalty after a safety car period, dropping him well down the order.

So yes i'd say there was quite alot of bad luck in that, and to in the blame soley on Alonso for that is not right.

I never said ALL the other mistakes he made were bad luck, so please don't go around making false accusations.
Yes i will blame all the things on Alonso coz Silverstone race was not his first ever GP. A seasoned 2xWDC veteran F1 GP driver SHOULD know that you cannot overtake by cutting the track! Even my friend watching f1 for 2 years shouted that he should give the position back.
He should have immediately given it back ! It was his sole mistake.
And Domenicalli was informed by race control within that lap end that he should give ti back, when Kubica was 1 -2 sec behind him...Ferrari chose to ignore it!

Gerhard Berger

Read my explanation about what happened at Silverstone.

You also might want to put your anti Alonso agenda to one side when posting on here.

siskue2005

Gerhard Berger wrote:Read my explanation about what happened at Silverstone.
Same here, Read my explanation about what happened at Silverstone.
You also might want to put your anti Alonso agenda to one side when posting on here.
You also might want to put your Alonso Fanboyism to one side when posting on here.
Last edited by siskue2005 on 29 Nov 2010, 18:42, edited 1 time in total.

wesley123

Gerhard Berger wrote:Read my explanation about what happened at Silverstone.

rather put your pro-alonso ;)

What siskue said about it is completely true, and it was proven.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Gerhard Berger

siskue2005 wrote: Same here, Read my explanation about what happened at Silverstone.
Your explanation is incorrect and contradictory.
You also might want to put your anti Alonso Fanboyism to one side when posting on here.
#-o

You might want to re-read what you just wrote!