What Happened to Webber and Alonso?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Re: What Happened to Webber and Alonso?

Have to say I am with Siskue2005 on this one. Alonso made a hell of a lot of mistakes 9ok they all did, but he made the most) and lost a championship that could have easily have been his. Accept it, move on and look to next year.

And for the love of all that is holy in F1, stop ruining Gerhard Berger's good name! :lol:

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

wesley123 wrote:
Gerhard Berger wrote:Read my explanation about what happened at Silverstone.

You also might want to put your anti Alonso agenda to one side when posting on here.
rather put your pro-alonso ;)

What siskue said about it is completely true, and it was proven.
There's a huge contradiction in what siskue said. First, he claims that it's soley Alonso's mistake. Then he pins the blame on Domenicali and the Ferrari team.

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

andrew wrote:Have to say I am with Siskue2005 on this one. Alonso made a hell of a lot of mistakes 9ok they all did, but he made the most) and lost a championship that could have easily have been his. Accept it, move on and look to next year.

And for the love of all that is holy in F1, stop ruining Gerhard Berger's good name! :lol:
Andrew, it gets quite complicated when measuring mistakes and how costly they were.

For Alonso, this championship was like the 97 championship of Schumacher's. He did a great job to challenge for the title in an inferior car.

andrew
andrew

Gerhard Berger wrote:For Alonso, this championship was like the 97 championship of Schumacher's. He did a great job to challenge for the title in an inferior car.
You can't seriously compare Schumacher and Alonso at all! Nor can you compare the 1997 Ferrari and teh 2010 Ferrari. Yes the 1997 car was far inferior to the Williams and to a lesser extent the McLaren but the 2010 car was not inferior. It was one of the best, if not the best towards the end of the season.

Alonso did an acceptable job in a great car but simply made too many mistakes as mentioned by Siskue. It is that simple.

siskue2005

Gerhard Berger wrote:
siskue2005 wrote: Same here, Read my explanation about what happened at Silverstone.
Your explanation is incorrect and contradictory.
that silverstone debacle has been discussed to death and proved also, if you want to be in a denial mode please go on and do it.. anyways FIA or ferrari might have delayed the whole process, but Alonso with almost 150 GPs under his belt with 2 WDC he should have known it better than anyone on track....especially after 2008 Spa race.
So it was entirely Alonso's fault , that is what i want to say...it was all his makings and it has nothing to do with luck!
#-o

You might want to re-read what you just wrote!
lol its a typo :lol: anyways edited it immediately , but u quoted me before that

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

siskue2005 wrote:
Gerhard Berger wrote:
siskue2005 wrote: Same here, Read my explanation about what happened at Silverstone.
Your explanation is incorrect and contradictory.
that silverstone debacle has been discussed to death and proved also, if you want to be in a denial mode please go on and do it.. anyways FIA or ferrari might have delayed the whole process, but Alonso with almost 150 GPs under his belt with 2 WDC he should have known it better than anyone on track....especially after 2008 Spa race.
So it was entirely Alonso's fault , that is what i want to say...it was all his makings and it has nothing to do with luck!
#-o
Earlier you placed at least part of the blame on Domencali and the Ferrari team, yet you still want to put the blame soley on Alonso?

His team were discussing the matter with race control. It was a team decision not to give the place back immediately.

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

andrew wrote:
Gerhard Berger wrote:For Alonso, this championship was like the 97 championship of Schumacher's. He did a great job to challenge for the title in an inferior car.
You can't seriously compare Schumacher and Alonso at all! Nor can you compare the 1997 Ferrari and teh 2010 Ferrari. Yes the 1997 car was far inferior to the Williams and to a lesser extent the McLaren but the 2010 car was not inferior. It was one of the best, if not the best towards the end of the season.

Alonso did an acceptable job in a great car but simply made too many mistakes as mentioned by Siskue. It is that simple.
Well that's your opinion, you're entitled to it. The majority in the F1 world have said that the Red Bull was the dominant car this year, and they were quickest at almost every track. The Ferrari was inferior, especially in the first half of the season. I'm not sure where you got the idea that is was the best car towards the end. Red Bull were more dominant in Korea, Brazil and Suzuka.

andrew
andrew

Ok maybe I over egged the Ferrari, but the 2010 car was miles better than the 1997 car. Your comparision is apples and oranges.

Florio
Florio

Bad strategy on a track where you can't overtake - simple really.

hollus

@ Berger, you are right. I totally agree with you.

@ Siskue, all very fine points, with lots of truth in them. I am on your side in this.

@ Andrew, fantastic judgement, in all posts.

So everyone is right. You all win the discussion.

Can we move on?
Rivals, not enemies.

siskue2005

hollus wrote:@ Berger, you are right. I totally agree with you.

@ Siskue, all very fine points, with lots of truth in them. I am on your side in this.

@ Andrew, fantastic judgement, in all posts.

So everyone is right. You all win the discussion.

Can we move on?
:lol: :lol: