Mark Webber's shoulder...

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
segedunum
segedunum

Re: Mark Webber's shoulder...

Yer, poor substitute for USF1 and other titbits we were spoiled with last season. We still have the bizarre Lotus endgame to play out and the vice that Mercedes finds itself in to enjoy though.

strad

"It's what the book is all about," he said. "I wanted to give the readers in Australia a closer insight to a sport that's pretty hard for them to follow
I'm sorry...I got hung up coming down on Mark for a self serving book...I didn't realize the antipodeans were so challenged.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Intego

Maybe we should open a new HRT thread to compensate the USF1 gap. Seems like "same procedure as last year" with this team ... :wink:
"Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster." f1technical forum rules

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

HRT are credible compared with USF!! At least they didn't claim the team was 5 years in the making yet amazingly have next to nothing to show for it. :lol:

raymondu999

But Colin Kolles is an ass, and that makes them far less credible than USF1 :mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Which team bothered to have a car ready in time for their first race?

strad

And banging on about Peter and his foolish USF1 relates to Mark overblowing his self how?
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Pandamasque

Here's an interesting podcast with Mark talking about the shoulder among other things.
http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/fiv ... -2258a.mp3

Giblet
Giblet

Thanks Panda, was a good listen and put a lot of perspective on his season and headspace.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

gridwalker
gridwalker

As a Yorkshire resident (within a short drive of Bradford) I couldn't help but be tickled by the fact that Mark Webber is now training with the Bradford Bulls rugby superleague team : http://www.bradfordbulls.co.uk/news/508 ... TH%20BULLS

The man must be a masochist : if there is a training regime more likely to get him injured (again) than one alongside a rugby team, I would like to know what it is ...

How long until we hear about Mark's next secret injury?
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

raymondu999

Well to be fair he's not joining rugby practice, just their fitness regime
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

strad

Mark Webber's manager Flavio Briatore believes the Australian was wrong to have revealed his late-2010 shoulder injury several months after that event, reckoning he should have either announced the problem when it happened or not spoken out at all.

Shortly before last year's Japanese Grand Prix, Webber fractured his right shoulder in a cycling accident. The injury only came to light in a book he published at the start of December.

Although Webber fell from first to third in the championship during the races following the incident, he remains adamant that the fracture had not been a factor in his performances. But Briatore, who has continued to oversee the careers of Webber and Fernando Alonso after his exit from the Renault team, thinks Webber should have handled the situation differently.

"It would have been better had he not revealed that," Briatore told Gazzetta dello Sport. "Otherwise he should have said that immediately."

Briatore does not believe the injury cost Webber the title, as he thinks the Australian would still have prevailed had he not crashed out in Korea.

"He didn't lose the title, however, because of that [injury], but because of the mistake in Korea. Otherwise he would have won," Briatore said.

The Italian expects both Webber and Alonso to be in the thick of the title fight again this year. Asked if he saw Ferrari as the favorite for 2011, Briatore replied: "It's early to say. I expect Red Bull to still be strong and McLaren to be competitive once again. I see a four-way battle: [Sebastian] Vettel, Webber, Alonso and [Lewis] Hamilton."

He thinks Alonso will have a stronger title campaign this year than in 2010, when he had to come from behind after a run of problems in early summer.
Sir Stirling Moss

Giblet
Giblet

Flav, even with all your money, your opinions are now forever moot, and no amount of money will ever make us forget that you are a cheater in the worst possible way.

Even when you are right, you have lost all respect to the fans, and have no place even commenting on F1 anymore.

You can build bridges your whole life and be known as a bridge builder, but you cheat once, you're now a cheat forever.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

strad

hahahaha you're funny :lol:
Sir Stirling Moss

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

gridwalker wrote: The man must be a masochist : if there is a training regime more likely to get him injured (again) than one alongside a rugby team, I would like to know what it is ...

How long until we hear about Mark's next secret injury?
In fairness to Mark, he's not training with a real rugby team. After all, Rugby League is just a glorified game of tag... :wink: :lol:

Now, had he popped down to Welford Road I'm sure the Tigers could have given him a proper work out... 8)
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.