Kubica's Recovery

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
zgred

Re: Kubica's Recovery

zonk

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4VOCZIXDg8[/youtube]
Kubica suffered his second roll in two days today, accidents that followed on the heels of a rally-ending shunt in Monte-Carlo and several trips into the snow in Sweden.

Wilson’s support for Kubica is unwavering and he feels expert help could rebuild the Pole’s fragile confidence.

“I am absolutely convinced that Robert will come good. We are looking towards a bigger push in the second half of the year, particularly on the asphalt events, but we have to address the issues that we have seen recently,” said Wilson.

“Robert and I had a good discussion at looking of ways to help, because he still doesn’t have big experience of rallying. Maybe we will bring in a co-driver, or a current or ex-driver to help, someone who has experience and understands things.

“Robert acknowledges his mind was totally different when he was racing and he has said he needs to start to look at the big picture in rallying. He said ‘I drive everything like a race and I need to get to understand the concept of the WRC’ ” added Wilson.

Wilson, whose M-Sport operation runs Kubica’s Ford Fiesta RS, doesn’t believe he is trying to push too hard. He said that even before last night’s roll at the León super special stage, Kubica’s target in Mexico was simply to finish.

“This morning we agreed that Robert would stay on Elfyn’s pace, which is what he did. We need Elfyn to finish so we said that was a sensible pace for Robert too,” he said.
source: http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/march-20 ... 2-12-.html

aral

Kubicas spirit may be strong, but unfortunately it is his restricted arm movement that is resulting in all these rolls. He should temper his ambition until he is sure that he has the ability to react quickly. If he goes on at this rate, he is endangering his own life, his co-drivers and possibly spectators

iotar__

gilgen wrote:Kubicas spirit may be strong, but unfortunately it is his restricted arm movement that is resulting in all these rolls. He should temper his ambition until he is sure that he has the ability to react quickly. If he goes on at this rate, he is endangering his own life, his co-drivers and possibly spectators
Nonsense and you have nothing to back this up, of course. For alternative explanation third rally in WRC, first gravel rally in WRC (GB was merely a shake down), sixth/seventh (correct me if I'm wrong I didn't count) gravel rally altogether and most importantly only third rally with current co-driver. AFAIU rallying is about patient sculpturing

Or simply these things happen during rallies. If you're that worried about spirits, tempering ambitions and health of spectators may I direct you to Meeke or Ostberg - seasoned rally drivers who gave away relatively easy podium through accidents. Unless it's only Kubica you're concerned about.

At least it's another surface after tarmac one shouldn't worry about RK's pace plateauing, would you agree? The sign of self-proclaimed rally sophistication "what about plateauing". Considering it was first gravel rally in a Fiesta etc. (list above) it didn't look bad at all. Between Hirvonen and Evans, closer to the latter of course. Not that far behind Meeke, Ostberg etc. on some stages early on, even with hydraulics problems. Not a definitive proof but rather good indication.

This "recovery" thread is rather pointless since he's competing not recovering so I'd suggest taking such repetitive Kubica complaints to WRC thread, I think there is one, context will be better.

aral

iotar__ wrote:
Nonsense and you have nothing to back this up, of course. .
Sorry, its not nonsense, but plain fact. Confirmed several times by Kubica himself, videos, and medical opinion. You don't like it? That's fine by me, but at least I am a realist.

iotar__

gilgen wrote:
iotar__ wrote:
Nonsense and you have nothing to back this up, of course. .
Sorry, its not nonsense, but plain fact. Confirmed several times by Kubica himself, videos, and medical opinion. You don't like it? That's fine by me, but at least I am a realist.
Ah, as expected rich and thorough response and as expected this kind of discussion is like banging head against the well. So one more time: Mexico rally exist was because of specifically
1. "his restricted arm movement"
2. Please give us quotes from Kubica himself ( I know for a fact that his explanation was different and unlike you I can back it up), video and medical opinion

My prediction: you have got nothing. You wanted to repeat boring shtick and when called upon the only answer is repeating non-specific nonsense.

Ted68

Kubica says a return to F1 impossible now.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2014041 ... ailyRacing
Heaven: Where the cooks are French, the police are British, the lovers are Greek, the mechanics are German, and it is all organized by the Swiss.

Hell: Where the cooks are British, the police are German, the lovers are Swiss, the mechanics are French, and it is all organized by the Greeks.

stefan_

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

SectorOne

Nice accolade from Hamilton to Kubica,
“I've always admired Ayrton Senna from a distance before I was in the sport. But one of the best drivers I drove against was Robert Kubica, he was truly phenomenal.”
If i´m not mistaken there was a kart race in Monaco that Kubica just absolutely blitzed everyone in, including Hamilton.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"