Kubica's Recovery

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
mith

Re: Kubica's in hospital

I am so deeply worried... I know Kubica's tough guy, but he's not a superhuman. Let's just hope, he will be able to get back to the sport. He so much deserved a chance in the top car...

Giblet
Giblet

What horrible news to wake up to. Our thoughts are with you Robert.

A friend of my brothers was in an accident in a van that rolled down a hill. While rolling, the side of the van opened up, and his hand was caught in the opening, then closed again on it, it was completely crushed, and after 10 straight hours of surgery and rebuilding he has near full mobility and can play guitar and everything. They thought it was gonna be write off as well.

Doctors can do amazing things, lets hop he will be back for 2012, maybe even the tail of 2011!!

As for reserve, it's already be said that Senna is first in line to race.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

antitomm
antitomm

andartop
andartop

Let's just hope and pray his injuries are not too severe. My thoughts are with his family. Whether he will make it back to F1 in 8 weeks, 1 year or never is not important now, nor is who will replace him. Let's wait for an official announcement from the hospital he was taken before we speculate about how bad it might sound or look.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

Callum

andartop wrote:Let's just hope and pray his injuries are not too severe. My thoughts are with his family. Whether he will make it back to F1 in 8 weeks, 1 year or never is not important now, nor is who will replace him. Let's wait for an official announcement from the hospital he was taken before we speculate about how bad it might sound or look.
+1

netoperek
netoperek

Giblet
Giblet

The good news is this: If he was already released from hospital, he most likely didn't have an amputation, or a hand crushed so bad it couldn't be repaired. For injuries that severe, you would think he would be still be in hospital.

If he has breaks, he could be out already, but being released if the info is true bodes well for his recovery as a man.

Too early and crass to talk about his career at this point.

THe other drivers are going to miss their friend at the poker table.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Callum

http://gallery.ru/watch?ph=Cp7-cT3OH

Here are many pictures of his car.

luca
luca

According to Italian media, Kubica is currently undergoing surgery to reduce his fractures and internal injuries.

http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/fo ... rito.shtml

antitomm
antitomm

reikorp
reikorp

Re: Renault R31

Hospital spokesman denies a possible amputation.

[-o<

Morteza

The worst news! :( I hope he will recover his health and get well. I don't care how long it will take, I just want him to get well.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

ecapox

Dam. Italian media have a knack for exageration, so lets hope it isnt as bad as they say. Hope he gets well and heals 100%. He is one of my favorite drivers and i was looking forward to him be very competitive.

All that, and he didnt break his nose? Is it to early for that?

myurr
myurr

ecapox wrote:All that, and he didnt break his nose? Is it to early for that?
Yes, but I hope you aren't flamed for it...

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

Terrible news, hope he gets better soon.

Was very much looking forward to seeing him race in 2011, with what appears to be a fairly competitive car. Hope he returns and ends up following the path of Hakkinen rather than someone like Wendlinger.