McLaren P1

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
AMG.Tzan

Re: McLaren P1

That's one of the ugliest supercars ever produced! Can't believe that Mclaren produced this thing...it doesn't even look like a Mclaren! And i can't really understand who they want to compete with, with this thing..Aston Martin Valkyrie and Mercedes Project One are way better than that! Even if it is faster than them the ugly looks just destroy the whole thing! And lastly why on earth give this ugly car a legendary name?? #-o
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Just_a_fan

Wow. Lots of people missing the point. No change there then :roll: .
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

the EDGE

AMG.Tzan wrote:
15 Dec 2017, 00:55
That's one of the ugliest supercars ever produced! Can't believe that Mclaren produced this thing...it doesn't even look like a Mclaren! And i can't really understand who they want to compete with, with this thing..Aston Martin Valkyrie and Mercedes Project One are way better than that! Even if it is faster than them the ugly looks just destroy the whole thing! And lastly why on earth give this ugly car a legendary name?? #-o
So youv’e herd of the Valkyrie & project 1, but clearly youv’e never seen pictures or herd the ridiculous price tags of these 2 cars

Why do the looks bother you so much? A little jealous your not 1 of the lucky 500 who have bought them all already?

AMG.Tzan

the EDGE wrote:
15 Dec 2017, 10:57
AMG.Tzan wrote:
So youv’e herd of the Valkyrie & project 1, but clearly youv’e never seen pictures or herd the ridiculous price tags of these 2 cars

Why do the looks bother you so much? A little jealous your not 1 of the lucky 500 who have bought them all already?
So i am jealous because i can't buy a Mclaren Senna and i am not jealous because i can't buy the Valkyrie?? Nice point kid! :lol:

Just to inform you, it is called a forum for some reasons! One of the reasons is being able to express your opinion about something! So my opinion here is just that this car is ridiculous in terms of looks...i don't care about its price tag or its performance or that i am not 1 of those "lucky" 500 (because i can't see how you are lucky buying this ugly thing)! :oops:

And yeah looks play a huge role pretty much everywhere in our life...so same goes here! When manufacturers like Aston Martin and Mercedes reveal such beautiful and powerful hypercars, you expect something better from Mclaren! The P1 was an amazing hypercar for example! This thing doesn't even have a good hp to kg ratio!

I really hope that the 3 seater BP23 will be something special...because this thing is just an ugly, overpowered GT3 car for the road! Nothing more special than that!

the EDGE

AMG.Tzan wrote:
16 Dec 2017, 12:37
the EDGE wrote:
AMG.Tzan wrote:

So i am jealous because i can't buy a Mclaren Senna and i am not jealous because i can't buy the Valkyrie?? Nice point kid! :lol:

Just to inform you, it is called a forum for some reasons! One of the reasons is being able to express your opinion about something! So my opinion here is just that this car is ridiculous in terms of looks...i don't care about its price tag or its performance or that i am not 1 of those "lucky" 500 (because i can't see how you are lucky buying this ugly thing)! :oops:

And yeah looks play a huge role pretty much everywhere in our life...so same goes here! When manufacturers like Aston Martin and Mercedes reveal such beautiful and powerful hypercars, you expect something better from Mclaren! The P1 was an amazing hypercar for example! This thing doesn't even have a good hp to kg ratio!

I really hope that the 3 seater BP23 will be something special...because this thing is just an ugly, overpowered GT3 car for the road! Nothing more special than that!
Close, it’s an ugly powerful GT3 ‘like’ track car that you can ALSO drive on the road... didn’t you read the literature... kid?

AMG.Tzan

the EDGE wrote:
16 Dec 2017, 14:00
AMG.Tzan wrote:
the EDGE wrote:

Close, it’s an ugly powerful GT3 ‘like’ track car that you can ALSO drive on the road... didn’t you read the literature... kid?
Is Zak Brown your father or do you have any shares of Mclaren and you care so much about my opinion? As you said i won't be one of the 500 "lucky" to buy this ugly thing...so why do you bother?? :lol:

Learning the process of arguing in a forum is quite a difficult thing for some! You could have argued for example about the clever aerodynamics of the car and how fast it would be...or argue that form follows function and that's the reason behind such a design!

But still your argument here is that i am jealous that i won't be able to buy one of these...! =D>

the EDGE

AMG.Tzan wrote:
17 Dec 2017, 00:57
the EDGE wrote:
AMG.Tzan wrote:

Is Zak Brown your father or do you have any shares of Mclaren and you care so much about my opinion? As you said i won't be one of the 500 "lucky" to buy this ugly thing...so why do you bother?? :lol:

Learning the process of arguing in a forum is quite a difficult thing for some! You could have argued for example about the clever aerodynamics of the car and how fast it would be...or argue that form follows function and that's the reason behind such a design!

But still your argument here is that i am jealous that i won't be able to buy one of these...! =D>
No argument, I simply enquired why are you was so bothered about looks, A question you still failed to answer

I thought maybe you had bought one, i mean, why else would you come on to a technical website to say something was ugly?

krisfx

the EDGE wrote:
18 Dec 2017, 17:50
AMG.Tzan wrote:
the EDGE wrote:

No argument, I simply enquired why are you was so bothered about looks, A question you still failed to answer

I thought maybe you had bought one, i mean, why else would you come on to a technical website to say something was ugly?
There are countless people who moan on here about the look of Formula 1 cars, which are 100% function over form. I think it's more appropriate to be upset by the looks of a road car, which by the way is probably 80-90% styling surfaces as opposed to technical surfaces as it is an industry where function always follows form.

I think you need to take your head out of your arse, personally.

Nonserviam85

the EDGE wrote:
AMG.Tzan wrote:
the EDGE wrote:

As I am possibly able to buy one of those, my point is that I would never buy it because it is so ugly... And yes looks is equally important for road cars, it is part of their legacy and I believe McLaren is recently missing the point. Trust me out of the 500 produced barely 5 will ever see a racetrack...

the EDGE

Nonserviam85 wrote:
18 Dec 2017, 18:35
the EDGE wrote:
AMG.Tzan wrote:

As I am possibly able to buy one of those, my point is that I would never buy it because it is so ugly... And yes looks is equally important for road cars, it is part of their legacy and I believe McLaren is recently missing the point. Trust me out of the 500 produced barely 5 will ever see a racetrack...
you do know McLaren host their own track days all around the globe with qualified instructors on hand, for their cars owners to turn up and thrash their cars around circuits such as silverstone, spa & abu dhabi right? trust you, you don't even have the first idea of what your talking about

Nonserviam85

the EDGE wrote:
18 Dec 2017, 18:49
Nonserviam85 wrote:
the EDGE wrote:

you do know McLaren host their own track days all around the globe with qualified instructors on hand, for their cars owners to turn up and thrash their cars around circuits such as silverstone, spa & abu dhabi right? trust you, you don't even have the first idea of what your talking about
Few turn up, fewer really can drive even close to the capabilities of the car. You are still missing the point but anyway...

the EDGE

Nonserviam85 wrote:
18 Dec 2017, 19:04
the EDGE wrote:
Nonserviam85 wrote:

Few turn up, fewer really can drive even close to the capabilities of the car. You are still missing the point but anyway...
So what’s the point?

Nonserviam85

the EDGE wrote:
19 Dec 2017, 14:55
Nonserviam85 wrote:
the EDGE wrote:

So what’s the point?
That 99% of the buyers cannot even get close to the full potential of a hypercar, so design is equally important for a sportscar in my humble opinion ofc...

the EDGE

Nonserviam85 wrote:
19 Dec 2017, 16:56
the EDGE wrote:
Nonserviam85 wrote:

So what’s the point?
That 99% of the buyers cannot even get close to the full potential of a hypercar, so design is equally important for a sportscar in my humble opinion ofc...
But the 540/70 range is the sports car, this is a track car designed with the same philosophy as a race car

Would you rather they sacrifice performance for looks?

Nonserviam85

the EDGE wrote:
19 Dec 2017, 17:08
Nonserviam85 wrote:
19 Dec 2017, 16:56
the EDGE wrote:

So what’s the point?
But the 540/70 range is the sports car, this is a track car designed with the same philosophy as a race car

Would you rather they sacrifice performance for looks?
They could have done definitely a better job!! (see Lambo Huracan Perfomante for example). Personally I prefer a beautiful car over 0.5 sec in Silverstone but I know for a fact that this is not McLaren's current philosophy. For your interest I made the exact same comment to the Technical Director for the P15 project and we are still having the same argument over and over again :D