McLaren P1

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
Cold Fussion

Re: McLaren P1

At the same time he isn't pumping out content like you would expect if he has gone all in on it.

Jolle

Just_a_fan wrote:
07 Feb 2019, 13:38
If he wasn't interested in "fame" he wouldn't be doing videos on youtube, he'd just be enjoying time with his young family out of the limelight. He wants fame and acclaim, that's why he's doing what he's doing.

There are plenty of rich, famous people who, having made their fortunes in movies, sport, whatever, just disappear from public view and just enjoy life away from the public gaze. Nico could do that but chooses not to. He wants to be in the public eye. He wants to stay "famous".
Lol, Rosberg has a team to do his branding, with an office and all. He does this social media as his business now.

roon

nzjrs

Just_a_fan wrote:
07 Feb 2019, 13:38
If he wasn't interested in "fame" he wouldn't be doing videos on youtube, he'd just be enjoying time with his young family out of the limelight. He wants fame and acclaim, that's why he's doing what he's doing.

There are plenty of rich, famous people who, having made their fortunes in movies, sport, whatever, just disappear from public view and just enjoy life away from the public gaze. Nico could do that but chooses not to. He wants to be in the public eye. He wants to stay "famous".
Yes and no. I've watched most of his videos and can attest to the fact that is of different stuff to the usual F1 driver. I think he is legitimately interested in the sport and quantitative psych side of professional sport, in a more thorough way than your average f1 ex-driver. I think he believes it to be a bit of public service.

And FWIW I think his current money making adventures are in green tech as and investor and strategist. Not just FE, but with fingers in several tech pies in USA and abroad.

roon