Ferrari 488 GTB

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
Morteza

Ferrari 488 GTB

So Ferrari has announced the 458 replacement and it is a biturbo V8 called 488 GTB.
This is Ferrari’s turbo 458 replacement

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

J.A.W.

Re: Ferrari 488 GTB

Wow, looks 'organic' - like wind-sculpted eroded rock..

Might look the part with some added hot-rod flame-style graphics..
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

SectorOne

Love what they have done with the front and rear lights. looks very concept-ish.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

tomas6791

Ferrari 458 Italia vs 488 GTB

Here is a picture gallery comparing the two cars from all angles.

13 pictures and full article

Phillyred

I like it a lot, BUT I wish they would do something a little different with the front lights.. They've been that shape across a few different models including the LaFerrari, but I would think with their most popular model they'd refresh the design. I almost like the interior on 458 better too! :wtf:

Cold Fussion

I think this is even less attractive then the 360/430, which would make it by some margin the worst looking v8 Ferrari ever?

MadMatt

Not a fan. I really don't like the rear quarter panel openings. Looks like what some barn tuner would do if he was to fit 2 turbos to a 458. Plus Ferraris always have been screaming engines, I think going the turbo route is a shame. Easy solution to reduce emissions and other green pleasing arguments, but I wish they had kept a N/A base but with some new technology to reduce consumption and CO2 emissions.

Do Ferrari V8 engines feature VVT systems?

Just_a_fan

Cold Fussion wrote:I think this is even less attractive then the 360/430, which would make it by some margin the worst looking v8 Ferrari ever?
The last time Ferrari did a pretty small car was the F355 Berlinetta. The 360 was the start of the rot.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

dobbster71

Evermore restrictive EU & US safety laws, along with much more comprehensive aerodynamic testing, have a huge influence upon todays car designs. For me, the 488 is very "meh".
If I had the cash I'd definitely splash it on the much cooler, turbo charged 288 GTO.....

WRC is for boys. Group B was for men!
Juha Kankkunen

Powerslide

not digging the side intakes but the rear looks very nice. overall profile still looks very 458 so not much can be said, a slight evolusion
speed

Pierce89

This car is so very sweet. =P~
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Andres125sx

They solved those weird rear lights wich were the only point I didn´t like about the 458.... great! =P~

donskar

Beautiful car. Future classic.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Shrieker

What a looker... Perfect.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

RaptorHunter

MadMatt wrote:Not a fan. I really don't like the rear quarter panel openings. Looks like what some barn tuner would do if he was to fit 2 turbos to a 458. Plus Ferraris always have been screaming engines, I think going the turbo route is a shame. Easy solution to reduce emissions and other green pleasing arguments, but I wish they had kept a N/A base but with some new technology to reduce consumption and CO2 emissions.

Do Ferrari V8 engines feature VVT systems?
People stuck with N/A engines are like people stuck with proper manual transmissions, they want new cars with old technology.