Ferrari 488 GTB

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
Sevach
Sevach

Re: Ferrari 488 GTB

The small front wing is interesting.

PlatinumZealot

It got some "Lambo lips"
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Andres125sx

Belatti wrote:
Andres125sx wrote: If you´ve not tested ESP I recommend you to do it. I did once there was a good layer of snow on an empty and wide parking, and it´s awesome how ESP can control the car direction even when it´s skidding the four wheels moving 90 degrees sideways, you just need to move the wheel and the car will spin to that direction the same as if it would be rolling normally. With ESP off you can move the wheel all you want to any direction that the car will continue skidding sideways, no reaction.

It´s a fun and enlightening test :mrgreen: :D
I have tested several cars with ESP: Germans saloons the most. I dont like the feeling when they act and I dont have confidence nor trust them. I feel comfortable in a slidding car... The best vehicle I have ever driven in ice/snow was a 1998 Jeep Cherokee: I can do anything I want with that.
I also feel comfortable sliding, and also felt weird first time ESP act. But that´s just we´re not used to that. Also, ESP is not designed to people like us who feel comfortable sliding, but for people who panic when feeling a slide. But even so, ESP can be VERY useful even for people like us

Imagine you go into a frozen puddle, it doesn´t matter how comfortable you are with a car sliding, the car will lose the line and you´ll find yourself looking at the ditch sooner than you can react. In situations like that ESP can save you, the car will slide too, but it will keep the heading you want so once you pass the ice you´ll be out of the line but with the car heading the road instead of the ditch/kerb

ESP is not designed to slide a car on the snow, but to save unexpected situations on road

Andres125sx

PlatinumZealot wrote:It got some "Lambo lips"
Yes I thoght the same, with that lips and that grey color I first tought it was a lambo

Andres125sx

Andres125sx wrote:
Belatti wrote:Computers aids for road cars are done for average users. A skilled driver will always do better.
False. I don´t think the above example is correct, as ABS is not that good, on some situation it could even be a problem. Snow, mud, gravel... here no ABS will be way more effective as locking wheels provide extra drag. And even on tarmac a skilled driver can do as good as ABS

But ESP is definitely something no driver can do. Not even Sebastian Loeb can control a car as ESP does. Breaking single wheels as ESP do provide yaw control, something a driver can´t do no matter how good he is. We´d need to control front and rear brakes separately to do so. And front-rear brakes distribution can´t help here

We have some yaw control with the front wheels, but not even close to what ESP can do braking one single wheel, only the one needed at a time, the difference is huge. Moreover, with front wheels we have control only to some angle, once the car has spun more than that angle, front wheels have no control over the car, while ESP will control the car no matter what angle it is skidding

If you´ve not tested ESP I recommend you to do it. I did once there was a good layer of snow on an empty and wide parking, and it´s awesome how ESP can control the car direction even when it´s skidding the four wheels moving 90 degrees sideways, you just need to move the wheel and the car will spin to that direction the same as if it would be rolling normally. With ESP off you can move the wheel all you want to any direction that the car will continue skidding sideways, no reaction.

I wonder who downvoted this and didn´t provide a reason.... it´s factually correct, correctly explained, based on real world experience.... :?:

Belatti
Belatti

MadMatt wrote:Yes, this is like comparing the sound of the F1 SF15-T and the Ferrari 412T2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SoZiTxdQyw

There is no comparison...
The best sounding F1 car ever and the first I saw at 12 years old in Buenos Aires GP in a fridays april cold wet morning, 1995.

The only problem of that video is that the car seems to be driven by my grandma.
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Belatti
Belatti

Andres125sx wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:
Belatti wrote:Computers aids for road cars are done for average users. A skilled driver will always do better.
False. I don´t think the above example is correct, as ABS is not that good, on some situation it could even be a problem. Snow, mud, gravel... here no ABS will be way more effective as locking wheels provide extra drag. And even on tarmac a skilled driver can do as good as ABS

But ESP is definitely something no driver can do. Not even Sebastian Loeb can control a car as ESP does. Breaking single wheels as ESP do provide yaw control, something a driver can´t do no matter how good he is. We´d need to control front and rear brakes separately to do so. And front-rear brakes distribution can´t help here

We have some yaw control with the front wheels, but not even close to what ESP can do braking one single wheel, only the one needed at a time, the difference is huge. Moreover, with front wheels we have control only to some angle, once the car has spun more than that angle, front wheels have no control over the car, while ESP will control the car no matter what angle it is skidding

If you´ve not tested ESP I recommend you to do it. I did once there was a good layer of snow on an empty and wide parking, and it´s awesome how ESP can control the car direction even when it´s skidding the four wheels moving 90 degrees sideways, you just need to move the wheel and the car will spin to that direction the same as if it would be rolling normally. With ESP off you can move the wheel all you want to any direction that the car will continue skidding sideways, no reaction.

I wonder who downvoted this and didn´t provide a reason.... it´s factually correct, correctly explained, based on real world experience.... :?:
I will upvote just because I find the donwvote wrong, for the things you expleined. Even if I do not agree with you because of the underlined statements and still think ESP is weird and also cos my paranoid braind tells me a computer braking the car for me is sh*t..
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Andres125sx

Thanks sir :)

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

tomas6791
tomas6791

Awesome event.

From the article:
A welcoming event organized last week introduced the successor of the Ferrari 458 Italia with open arms. Ferrari invested quite a lot into the development of this twin-turbo supercar.

Very little is shared with the Ferrari 458, while the 100 horsepower increase was achieved despite the use of a smaller displacement engine.

Photo Gallery and and full article