Rezvani Beast

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
Andres125sx

Rezvani Beast

Basically they took the Ariel Atom, reiforced the chassis, and doubled the power adding only 200kg more for a final 500bhp and 700kg Beast

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/06/15/rezv ... /#image-30

I must admit I was surprised when read the company is based on California.... didn´t expect it to be an american car :mrgreen:

I´ve never been a convertible fan, but this is a car I´d love to drive

sgth0mas
sgth0mas

Re: Rezvani Beast

What country would you have expected it from?

And i was a bit interested reading This the other day. But for the price...i still would probably go for something else. It does seem fun around a track however.

Andres125sx

Uk, Germany, Italy....

I don´t know many american cars below the ton, with american cars usually the engine itself weight close to that :P :mrgreen:

sgth0mas
sgth0mas

I see what youre saying now...i was thinking along the lines of an american company taking an imported car and retrofitting it with more power or a different drive train. Thats been done a bit through history.

AC cobra

Hennessey venom:

Even to some extent, the early tesla roadster had a lot of lotus parts.

Andres125sx

True, that´s been done many times

btw, the AC cobra is IMO the most beautiful convertible ever, not in that colour tough

sgth0mas
sgth0mas

Andres125sx wrote:True, that´s been done many times

btw, the AC cobra is IMO the most beautiful convertible ever, not in that colour tough
I love the AC and cannot wait to build a replica some day when i actually have free time.

Back to the original topic...i hope they get a few of these at some local exotic rental places so i can try a few laps. It seems like it would be a blast...even better than a miata with an LSx swap.

Cold Fussion
Cold Fussion

Would rather the atom.

Samraj_official

all track cars are great in their in their own kind, my favourites are BAC MONO and Caterham SP300 and possibly f4 car for private purposes too....

tomislavp4

sgth0mas wrote:But for the price...i still would probably go for something else..
Same. It is really overpriced for what it is. I can think of countless cars I'd rather have for that amount of cash. I do like it though.

Andres125sx

Samraj_official wrote:all track cars are great in their in their own kind, my favourites are BAC MONO and Caterham SP300 and possibly f4 car for private purposes too....
Except this is a road car :wink:

That´s what I really like about this car, sporty road cars are usually heavy, specially when they focus on brute power. Lotus have always been one of my favourite manufacturers because they focus more on lightness than brute power. This is similar, except it´s light but also provide brute power, 500bhp

It´s 700 bhp/ton, one of the highest ever achieved, better than BAC Mono, Caterham SP300, Ariel Atom, McLaren P1, Porsche 918, Caterham R500...

And it´s beautiful. It has the best of all worlds, beautiful as road sport cars, light as race cars (almost), road legal, and with a lot more power than you´d expect once you know the weight. Impressive mixture IMO

It´s expensive tough, that´s true, but you can´t have it all