Mad Max vehicles

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
Andres125sx

Mad Max vehicles

After watching Mad Max Fury Road, I must say it didn´t disappoint me, specially vehicles wise. They did an awesome job, every vehicle is awesome and even more than you´d expect from a Mad Max film

I specially like the Gigahorse and War Rig, those are mindblowing vehicles. When watching the film I was thinking they were more of a SFX work than real vehicles, but I was wrong, they´re working vehicles designed and built in real world.

http://www.thecredits.org/2015/05/heres ... fury-road/

Max´s Interceptor from original films was great, but now it looks boring after watching the Gigahorse

It has a custom built frame, with two Cadillac bodies, two Chevrolet 502Cid (502Hp) Big Block V8 crate motors with fabricated manifolds and functioning 8/71 superchargers. Both engines are connected through a custom gearbox. The engine setup is fully functional generating approximately 1200 horse power. The vehicle also has a non functioning set of turbochargers with their rotors removed and feeding into superchargers.

Originally the two engines were supposed to be dummy motors made of fiberglass with a single real engine hidden inside, but the production designer - Colin Gibson provided additional budget which allowed to equip the Gigahorse with an actual working engine setup

The War Rig is also an awesome job, from a Tatra T 815 truck they made this thing

The original Tatra engine proved to be underpowered so it was replaced with a 600hp racing engine. It is air cooled with a massive turbine fan hidden behind a custom front grille. There are two dummy (non functional) Holley superchargers protruding through the bonnet to give the apperance of being powered by two engines. Two pairs of exhaust stacks are installed, presumably one for each engine. The truck has a fully functional hydraulically operated plow.

They created three War Rigs for the movie

Andres125sx

Re: Mad Max vehicles

Some more, the Peacemaker

Some tests they did before shipping to Africa

This Corvette is great too

The Buzzard Excavator

Plymouth Rock