Chevrolet Colorado ZH2 fuel cell military vehicle

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
Andres125sx

Chevrolet Colorado ZH2 fuel cell military vehicle

It is suposed to be introduced next year for testing purposes.

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/2367 ... ry-vehicle

This makes me wonder about fuel cells, a friend of mine is always talking about fuel cells saying they could propel electric vehicles but there are hidden interests stopping the technology :roll: . I really don´t know too much about fuel cells, but news like this makes you wonder if he´s right

TwanV

Re: Chevrolet Colorado ZH2 fuel cell military vehicle

Hidden interest? What I remember from a study some while ago is that the only good thing of a fuel cell is its lack of local emissions. Correct me if there are new developments, but while it is still more economic to harvest H2 from fossil fuels rather than other sources (albeit, at a higher cost than gasoline), there is no real driver to get a supply chain in place to make it as readily available substance. That and the requirement for a high-pressure tank (350 to 700 atm) which isn't very attractive from a safety point of view.
Nevertheless, I can see why the military would be interested in such a vehicle: No heat signature, no noise and significant range. Just like the F1 engines of nowadays :lol:

Pierce89

Re: Chevrolet Colorado ZH2 fuel cell military vehicle

I'll take one in black, please!
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher