koenigsegg - freevalve

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
Belatti

koenigsegg - freevalve

"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Andres125sx

Re: koenigsegg - freevalve

I´ll never understand the reason I like this videos so much when I don´t understand a half of what they´re saying :mrgreen:

Cold Fussion

Here is a video about it from a couple years ago.

Cold Fussion

Latest video update about the freevalve technology. The part about having a 12-14:1 compression ratio was pretty interesting. I assume they're able to have such a high compression ratio because having complete control the intake valves means they can easily run the engine in a Atkinson cycle (lowering the compression ratio) and are therefore are able to run to take advantage of a high compression ratio when the engine isn't at risk of knocking or detonation?

VARIANT | one

Any mention of rev limits for the Freevalve system? Historically, it's been the Achilles heel of these types of systems.

Cold Fussion

VARIANT | one wrote:Any mention of rev limits for the Freevalve system? Historically, it's been the Achilles heel of these types of systems.
In the first video they say the system can do 20k RPM.