New helmet design for 2019

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
JonoNic

Re: The FIA has revealed a new helmet standard that will be mandatory in Formula 1 from the 2019 season

I'm not sure if you are aware of the other thread.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url ... e_type=t
Always find the gap then use it.

turbof1

Re: New helmet design for 2019

Merged topics
#AeroFrodo

johnny vee

Thank you Turbo
"Because you didn't come here to make the choice, you've already made it. You're here to try to understand why you made it. I thought you'd have figured that out by now." The Oracle, Matrix Reloaded

J.A.W.
J.A.W.

DiogoBrand wrote:
07 Jun 2018, 01:38
J.A.W. wrote:
07 Jun 2018, 01:00
& its.. Max Verstappen's new.. "Yeah, I'm racing in dick-head mode" - helmet..

https://www.bikehugger.com/images/blog/twiggy_robot.jpg
I heard the manufacturer for his helmet will be Bell...

end.
Now 'butthead' Max.. is reportedly looking for a headbutt lid! https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/vers ... utt-104491

"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

J.A.W.
J.A.W.

Inspiration for the new FIA bone dome?

"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

Jolle
Jolle

Without the need of a sun visor strip, I wonder if the teams and drivers will change the design. Normally it's a quite well paid spot, but when it's just painted on the helmet, it might look a bit silly.

Jolle
Jolle

And also, back to the 70ies! :D

jjn9128

Not the 2019 helmet but interesting insight into the helmet manufacturing process.
https://www.autosport.com/performance/f ... akes-shape
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

Badger16
Badger16

Thanks for the article!
Anyways, I hope that the technologies behind the creation of such helmets aren't too expensive and/or protected, I worked as an auxiliary firefighter when I was a young adult. Little explanation, since I don't know whether there's such a thing in your countries, but I lived in France back then, and you could become a "part time firefighter" : you'd have a normal job, but spend some of your free time at the fire station or at high readiness (you're at home/minding your stuff but have to be in 5 minutes in your uniform and driving towards the fire station) and if you're called, you have to go, even if you're working. And since it's a specific status and you work for the common good, your employer can't criticise/fire you for leaving if you're called.

Anyways, I was a firefighter and I sure would have enjoyed the hell of such a helmet, the fire protection was on point but the impact protection was sometimes weak, I had "spider nets" running accross the visor of my helmet a couple times.

Jolle
Jolle

Badger16 wrote:
17 Oct 2018, 18:34
Thanks for the article!
Anyways, I hope that the technologies behind the creation of such helmets aren't too expensive and/or protected, I worked as an auxiliary firefighter when I was a young adult. Little explanation, since I don't know whether there's such a thing in your countries, but I lived in France back then, and you could become a "part time firefighter" : you'd have a normal job, but spend some of your free time at the fire station or at high readiness (you're at home/minding your stuff but have to be in 5 minutes in your uniform and driving towards the fire station) and if you're called, you have to go, even if you're working. And since it's a specific status and you work for the common good, your employer can't criticise/fire you for leaving if you're called.

Anyways, I was a firefighter and I sure would have enjoyed the hell of such a helmet, the fire protection was on point but the impact protection was sometimes weak, I had "spider nets" running accross the visor of my helmet a couple times.
At least one of the F1 helmet companies, Schuberth, is making fire fighting helmets as well.

https://www.schuberth.com/en/products/f ... hting.html