Autonomous Cars

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
Andres125sx

Re: Autonomous Cars

So AVs are trained to not hit humans but if it´s not a human the AV will not dodge it? If a 1m diameter stone fall in the middle of the road the AV will crash with it because it´s not a human?

Sorry but I can´t believe that, if that´s what they really said in the documentary, my next question is who paid that documentary

strad

That's not what I said. The point is that the vehicle has to be trained and it has trouble with and can get confused when it sees something it is not trained to recognize.
It was a NOVA documentary.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

strad

Went back and re-watched the episode. It was not a guy in a hoodie, it was a guy wearing a turban.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

3jawchuck

strad wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 04:16
Went back and re-watched the episode. It was not a guy in a hoodie, it was a guy wearing a turban.
Racist AI, clearly they'd not trained it to recognise Sikhs as human.

Slo Poke

Anyone here ever hear about the tight-fisted farmer? He was a man outstanding in his field!.. Anyway! He very successfully trained his donkey to live and work hard without food... trouble is, the next day it dropped dead!

Then there’s the song that goes,.. one hundred green bottles standing on a wall. If one green bottle should accidentally fall...

loner

para bellum.

loner

para bellum.

AJI
AJI

Autonomous drifting a Delorean.
I assume they picked that ancient POS for marketing? Its relevance to the cybertruck hype probably won't hurt either..?

https://news.stanford.edu/2019/12/20/au ... paign=news

Andres125sx

Probably not what we all expect from AVs, but mark this day because this is history, first motorsports race with no driver involved ever