Fiat Chrysler proposes merger with Renault

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
nevill3

Fiat Chrysler proposes merger with Renault

How would the Fiat Chrysler proposed merger with Renault effect the Renault and Alfa Romeo teams?

Latest breaking news from the BBC, https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48420334

Could we see a Maserati badged car next year
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

dodds_turbo

Re: Fiat Chrysler proposes merger with Renault

Potentially any name under the FCA umbrella, or the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance could be worn on an F1 team in the future. Is it likely? I don't think so as Alfa Romeo has just entered this year - with their racing image and F1 history I think they are best suited (from a marketing and investor's point of view).

For information here are the list of brands the proposed merger could chose from:

FCA (controlled by Exor Investments)
Abarth, Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Jeep, Lancia, Maserati, and Ram Trucks
(Ferrari was separated from FCA in 2016 but remains an Exor investment)

Renualt-Nissan-Mitsubishi
Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Infiniti, Renault Samsung, Dacia, Alpine, Datsun, Venucia and Lada

I'd pay to see a Lada Racing F1 team... :wtf: :?

Scorpaguy

Re: Fiat Chrysler proposes merger with Renault

As we see more heads than hearts begin making these decisions, this merger could really shake things up. Ferrari spends the most cash but continually posts 3rd/4th (or worse results). Renault's results are also not commensurate with their spending. With Merc's tech/engineering excellence continuing to dominate, I can foresee LARGE teams leaving as constructors to save face...retaining a minor presence in the sport as Aston Martin does with RB.