Tata Motors one of few bidding for Jaguar & Land Rover

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
GTO

Tata Motors one of few bidding for Jaguar & Land Rover

This is interesting news...

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns19891.html

...that the Indian carmakers are trying to get into the big leagues. It's surprising to me none of the other big car mfgs. are interested in Jag & LR for US1.5B. I'm sure anyone, including Tata, could make these two brands more successfull than Ford.

From the news story Ford sure don't know much about investing 101...buy low, sell high.

Ford mgmt. sure don't know what they're doing for themselves, let alone their subsidiary companies. The continue to goof up in providing a stable nameplate of cars that customers can follow.
a.) stopping production of the once best selling Taurus/Sable line, & introducing the Five Hundred & Freestyle line & now believed to bring back the Taurus & cancelling the Freestyle.
b.) stopping production of the Contour/Mystique line after US$6B invested in development.

All their latest models incl. Lincoln are over pimped out in the style dept. with too much chrome on grills & wheels. I really don't know which after-maket styling garage they hired their designers from.

m3_lover

I saw the new lincoln that is going to be in the next batman movie..they really changed the front end (very similar to the concept car they released last year at the Detroit Auto Show)
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

whiplash

I may be wrong here but didn't they sell Jaguar for $1.00 to red bull

Tom

No, they sold Jaguar F1 Ltd. or some spin off company which doesn't have anything to do with Jaguar road division and is only linked through Ford. Shame really, a company like Red Bull could have really spruced up the luxury Rovers.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

HKS

2 out of the 3 companies bidding for JLR are Indian :)

Tata and Mahindra :)

Indian companies rae growing at a very rapid rate.

Soon Indian companies would overtake their Chinese competitors who know nothing but just to copy designs.

Chinese manufacturers have even started to copy Indian bike designs.

Bajaj Pulsar is being sold in some South American countries. Inthose countries itself some Chinese company is selling an exact copy of Pulsar as Gulsar. :evil:

Back to the topic:
Talking of Ford, I think Tata is anyday a better option. :)
Racing cars are neither beautiful nor ugly, they are beautiful only when you win races.

modbaraban
modbaraban

Tata? Are they still sponsoring Williams or will they move to FIF1?

Jaguar-Williams or Jaguar Force India ?! :D
HKS wrote:...some Chinese company is selling an exact copy of Pulsar as Gulsar. :evil:
lmao.... so much creativity in that name...

HKS

modbaraban wrote:Tata? Are they still sponsoring Williams or will they move to FIF1?

Jaguar-Williams or Jaguar Force India ?! :D

First of all we are not talking about F1, and Tata has no plans as such and it won't sponsor Williams once Narain leaves the team.
Racing cars are neither beautiful nor ugly, they are beautiful only when you win races.

GTO

I believe Tata have already stopped sponsoring Williams. I didn't see their logo on the race cars for the last half of the season.

As for Jag, we may see their name again in F1, perhaps only as sponsor but maybe even as engine supplier if Tata aquires Jag.

You never know.

Belatti
Belatti

Re: Tata Motors one of few bidding for Jaguar & Land Rover

"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

GTO

Excellent! =D>

HKS

Finally its there.
Tata owns JLR.
Hope to see some Jaguars and LRs in India too. :)