Exhaust experts?

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
Tuono_Tom

Re: Exhaust experts?

Giblet wrote:I have a Skyhawk 80cc 2 stroke on my bicycle, and it currently gets me to about 55km/h.

Since the exhaust is just a silencer, could I expect reasonable gains with a tuned exhaust?
Absolutely without a doubt. The science of 2-stroke exhaust is a... science, but if you can get the scavenging and carburation right, you'll be doing this on your way to the library:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdWpcoEwAt8
I remember when SEXwas safe and motorcycles were dangerous!!!

Carlos

Two stroke tuning and expansion chambers?

Old School - Two Stroke Tuners Handbook by Gordon Jennings and Sheet Metal Technology by Dave Gingery.

New School - Dr Blair's SAE papers, books, software and a 3D sheetmetal fabrication program.

Carlos

This is another option Giblet
DIY or Retail? Here is a site for Skyhawk motors and accessories including an expansion chamber. I imagine you should be able to find a home market seller. If you get one maybe you might post your performance impressions. It's always a good idea to do the research and study and build things, but sometimes it just takes too much time and more resources to go the Do-It_Yourself route. :D

Shyhawk Expansion Chamber

USA Skyhawk Retail Store
http://www.grubeeinc.com/USA/SkyHawk.htm

Carlos

Tuono_Tom - Read through the Aprilia thread, the posts seemed to come to a positive opinion - some good details on size, materials, ECU chip and throttle body size and poster kfbmR1 says the crossover/balance tube is an effective modification. :D

Giblet

Considering my bike already can do 5km over the unposted limit, I wonder if I should continue.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Tuono_Tom

Carlos wrote:Tuono_Tom - Read through the Aprilia thread, the posts seemed to come to a positive opinion - some good details on size, materials, ECU chip and throttle body size and poster kfbmR1 says the crossover/balance tube is an effective modification. :D

That aprilia board is a hoot, and has some amazingly knowledgable members, as well.
Then there's the goofball jokers from the UK.
Tolerance...

-T_T

Tuono_Tom

Re: Bagpipe experts?

sheesh, here's another take on how to fake a real (expensive) 2 into 2 twin exhaust system on the 2-1 stock setup from the RSV Mille side of the board:

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/show ... p?t=141552

Wonder how I'd attach that to my bagpipe?
haha