World car production

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
Ciro Pabón

World car production

As I've posted this a couple of times, here it goes again. Source: OICA

China in second place, over Germany and USA.

Brazil produces more cars than Spain.

India produces more cars than UK or Canada.

Mexico produces more cars than Italy.

China, again in second place, produces more commercial vehicles than Japan.

Canada, Thailand or Mexico produce more commercial vehicles than Spain, Germany, France or Italy.

The figures about production by manufacturer have not been published. :(

This is the picture by continent:

Ciro

joseff

Re: World car production

Is that Japan meaning "Factories in Japan" or "Companies originating in Japan"?

Ciro Pabón

Produced in Japan, that is, manufactured or assembled within the territory of the country of Japan.

The figures for manufacturers are not out yet. Funny, they normally publish them before April.
Ciro

Conceptual

I love how America is represented by a cowboy...

Is that really how we are viewed from the outside? Remember guys, we live in the same elite controlled world as the rest of you. Our news by law can present absolute fiction as FACTUAL NEWS, and our upcoming elections will be just as rigged as Russia and Pakistans were this year.

At least give us the credit of suffering the same loss of freedom as the rest of the world. I can't remember the last time I was free enough to saddle on up, and ride outta town on some adventure.

Thanks,

Chris

Ray

When I was in Japan a few years back, I noticed just about everywhere I went there was some sort of plant. They had big and small factories everywhere!

Belatti

Here there are a lot of plants, and they are all green! (If you know what I mean)

Anyway, thats the only benefit of living in the 3rd world, 60km away from the capital city, you have got both concrete dirt and green fields.

By the way, car production here has been duplicated in the last 5 years :shock:
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Ray

Conceptual wrote:I can't remember the last time I was free enough to saddle on up, and ride outta town on some adventure.
Then that would be a lack of money or desire on your part. I do it all the time. You don't have to tell anyone where you are going or why. Is that not freedom?

I'm suprised the US isn't farther down on that list due to the cheap Chinese slave labor. I've bought two sets of replacement headlights for my truck recently, and they were cheap Chinese knock off worthless POS junk. The new ones from Chevrolet, made here entirely, are of hugely better quality but cost twice as much as a pair of them each. I can't believe that the Chinese get away with having such bad quality products day in/day out and still stay in business. But I guess it's cause most companies don't give a crap about their customers, it's all about how much money they can make.

Belatti

Ray wrote: I can't believe that the Chinese get away with having such bad quality products day in/day out and still stay in business. But I guess it's cause most companies don't give a crap about their customers, it's all about how much money they can make.
There are 2 types of companies for 2 types of customers:
A: chinese headlights companies for truck company owners who wants their drivers to see, no matter quality.
B: Rolls Royce companies for Rockfeller customers.
(well really is not that black and white, but sort of)

Both A and B doesn´t give a crap about their customers, Rolls Royce companies would manufacture --- if they could sold it without later consequences, but unfortunately to them, that does not happen. :lol:
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Ray

Belatti wrote:
Ray wrote: I can't believe that the Chinese get away with having such bad quality products day in/day out and still stay in business. But I guess it's cause most companies don't give a crap about their customers, it's all about how much money they can make.
A: chinese headlights companies for truck company owners who wants their drivers to see, no matter quality.

Both A and B doesn´t give a crap about their customers, Rolls Royce companies would manufacture --- if they could sold it without later consequences, but unfortunately to them, that does not happen. :lol:
Good point and I understand what you mean. But the quality of even something as simple as a copied design is ridiculous. They didn't fit right, and the screws to adjust the beam were the softest metal (if you could call it that :lol: ) I've ever seen. The quality that comes out of that country is atrocious. I will NEVER buy a Chinese made product again! Unless I don't know it was made there of course :lol: They don't even forge a design correctly.

Project Four

Do believe that there are more car plants in a twenty mile radius of Detroit than the whole of western Europe.

Fridge13

Project Four wrote:Do believe that there are more car plants in a twenty mile radius of Detroit than the whole of western Europe.
and yet all they produce is yank tanks. if they were producing cars that were designed with flair or style, then that would be something to be trumpeting about. :D

Ray

Fridge13 wrote:...and yet all they produce is yank tanks. If they were producing cars that were designed with flair or style, then that would be something to be trumpeting about. :D
Opinions are like assholes..... :D
Last edited by Ray on 05 Apr 2008, 23:23, edited 1 time in total.

joseff

Ray wrote:...they were cheap Chinese knock off worthless POS junk... I can't believe that the Chinese get away with having such bad quality products day in/day out and still stay in business.
What brand was it? Very often the same company/factory manufactures products for a brand, then went off and produced "surplus" copies with their own brand. The extra copies, of course, doesn't go through the same QC standard as the "official" ones and thus are crap.

Conceptual

Belatti wrote:

Unfortunately, we live in a disposable society, so crap manufacturing is acceptable. If there is a market, there will always be a product. There is always a market for the cheapest, and there is always a market for the best.

And with the American dollar on its way through the basement floor, you will see a HUGE resurgance in American made factory items.

If they solved the illegal immigration problem in this country by simply opening the doors and encouraging quicker processing of the paperwork, and stipulated that an immigrant MAY work for 40% of the minimum wage, you would quickly find yourself with 20 million workers that work for .95 euros/hour.

That would quickly move the midrange producers into the cheapest market with better quality.

Chris

donskar

RE: Ray and Belatti on Chinese quality:

I'm old enough to remember when "Made in Japan" equalled "Junk." Over the years, they learned (often from Americans) and grew and improved. China might do the same.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill