Eco friendly F1 car

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
autogyro
autogyro

Re: Eco friendly F1 car

Scania wrote:F1 need eco, but no need to force it to eco
because F1 means high technology, the technology manufacture only make eco technology today. We only need to release the technology limited of F1, the manufacture use their eco technology to provide speed and performance, so F1 will go eco naturally, just like Diesel in Le Mans.
It is regulation that is the essential part, without it goons like Montezemolo will continue to blackmail F1 into continuing with the 19th century concept of technology it currently labours with.
Those who still 'demand' a noisy polluting smokey form of macho 'bald head' stroking idiocy, should invest their pea brains in a little investigation of the new technology. Then they might lift their feet from under their Fred Flintstone vehicles and become modern. These people exist right to the top of F1 unfortunately, it is not just the spectators.
As to 'dangerous' I agree that it is difficult to replace this aspect with something that brings in drivers with the courage of old and there are far to many wimpy little girls blouses driving racing cars today. However the current levels of safety have saved many lives, so unless we go back to a form of racing warfare I cannot see an easy answer to this.

horse

autogyro wrote:The battery technology is in any case developing faster than almost anything before. There is even 'oxygen' batteries and nano tehcnology is awesome.
I thought I would just add a little weight to autogyro's argument here and say that biological batteries may well overcome many of the resource and environmental concerns of current battery technology. Again, though, this is a little way off the scale of application required for F1.

In addition, if you could get past storage issues, you could just burn hydrogen instead of petrol. Same root production issues, obviously, but it would allow the combustion technologies to stay, if that is what people really wanted.
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

hollus

What exactly are biological batteries and how can they produce any significant amount of energy?
I mean, a battery is something that you carry around. But I don't see any way of extracting any significant amount of energy in a significant amount of time out of what you could carry around... I'd love to learn about them.
Rivals, not enemies.

horse

hollus wrote: I'd love to learn about them.
Here you go hollus. Pretty cutting edge at the moment, but this technology has a lot of potential (tee hee).

Biological battery powers up

And even better in conjunction with:

Super battery could power electric cars
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

autogyro
autogyro

horse wrote:
hollus wrote: I'd love to learn about them.
Here you go hollus. Pretty cutting edge at the moment, but this technology has a lot of potential (tee hee).

Biological battery powers up

And even better in conjunction with:

Super battery could power electric cars
I wonder if this could be used with nano tunneling across a heat gap for converting heat directly to electricity as in 'super chip' technology?

hollus

Thanks Horse. Nice read indeed.
But I wouldn't call that a biological battery. It's just materials made with the help of biotechnology, but you are not carrying around anything that is alive.
When I think of a biological battery, I think of little yeasts producing ethanol on the fly, and that is very slow.
This indeed looks promising.
Rivals, not enemies.