Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
Morteza

Re: Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster

That's Zonda R if I'm not mistaken that did a lap around Nurburgring in 6:47.50, which is currently the fastest road legal car around that track.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Pandamasque

Zonda R is not road legal, at least according to the video I posted earlier.

Morteza

Pandamasque wrote:Zonda R is not road legal, at least according to the video I posted earlier.
To be honest with you, I wasn't sure myself but it's what I found on Wikipedia.

BTW, can you give me the link to the video you're referring?
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Just_a_fan

Morteza AMG wrote:
Pandamasque wrote:Zonda R is not road legal, at least according to the video I posted earlier.

The Zonda R is not road legal. It has not been homologated for road use. Neither has it been homolgated for a race series. However, it holds the record in the same class of car as the Ferrari FXX series cars. Road-based track-only cars that aren't also race cars (if that makes sense).

I'd love to see a grid full of Zonda R though. Imagine the noise as 20 or more of those engines bellowed at full chat off the line. Wow.

Sadly, the R is a limited-run special for very rich people to play with on private track days. Sad unless you're one those rich people that is...
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

tarzoon

Just_a_fan wrote: I'd love to see a grid full of Zonda R though. Imagine the noise as 20 or more of those engines bellowed at full chat off the line. Wow.
Wishful thinking, and since you mentioned it, add a few mazda furai for good measure!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlOHXxBMeIk[/youtube]

Pandamasque

Morteza AMG wrote:

It's on previous page.
tarzoon wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:Wishful thinking, and since you mentioned it, add a few mazda furai for good measure!
Or this GTP beast

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPfju7u2OVY[/youtube]

Agenda_Is_Incorrect

autogyro wrote:An 'early' Fiat 500 not a super blob.
It would be surealistic with speakers giving that macho V12 sound and much better appreciated by true artistic minds. Controversy rocks.
Computer design in all its technical brilliance has funneled the shape of performance cars into a defined and forced commonality bordering on the horrible.
It has already done the same with passenger cars.
Once I used to know all the different models from half a mile away, now few can tell the difference. Couple that to the boring bland pastel colours they paint them in with water based second rate paint and you have completed the utter boredom program.
Take a look at the Bugatti Veyron and compare it with a proper Bugatti from the 1930s. There realy is no artistic comparison at all. The modern one might just as well be a vacuum cleaner to the artist.
Since this is more of an off-topic section I guess I can tell you the words that people have stuck in their throats after they read that.
autogyro wrote:An 'early' Fiat 500 not a super blob.
It would be surealistic with speakers giving that macho V12 sound and much better appreciated by true artistic minds. Controversy rocks.
I don't live in the UK but that is what you guys usually describe as being a typical Chav idea. Wow, if you think Jeremy Clarckson is ridiculous it's hard to put into words how crapable it is just to imagine a guy in a Fiat 500 blasting out a V12 sound thinking he is being really cool and artistic/alternative. BTW, trying to put this as cool controversial makes it even worse. If wear your underwear in your head to do grocery shopping and post it in You Tube it won't help trying to say it is art, that is the size of the ridiculousness you are talking :lol:

If you follow the same line about being controversial in F1T Forums, then no wonder you are a legend (one that no one in its mind would like to be).
autogyro wrote:Once I used to know all the different models from half a mile away, now few can tell the difference.
Then check your eyes. A 12 year old girl that is not even into cars can differentiate current models easily. A Volvo C30 is not really similar to a Golf and a Porsche doesn't even remember a Ferrari no matter the aero babble you want to start here.
autogyro wrote:Take a look at the Bugatti Veyron and compare it with a proper Bugatti from the 1930s. There realy is no artistic comparison at all. The modern one might just as well be a vacuum cleaner to the artist.
The 1930s Bugattis were much more generic at the time than the current ones, which contradicts your "definition" of art as something being artistic only when it's controversial and Chav-like. You are one of those who can't see something artistic just because it's not done the way you like it/isn't about something you like but calls art the thing you dump in the toilet if someone puts it in a controversial enough way. But some people like that dump.

And no, the electric Lotus doesn't perform remotely the same as much weaker sports cars, let alone this Pagani. And it needs to recharge after very little time of flooring. And it doesn't have the drama, magic or sound that are the whole point of super-sports cars. And a huge stereo would only make it even worse and even Chavier. It would make for the single Lotus that is a huge pile of "autogyro art".

You have to be dead inside to not like the experience this Zonda gives and absolutely screwed on your mind to think a stereo would be the replacement for it.

As for the car itself, amazing! So much emotion and so much will that only by watching the video made me exited!
I've been censored by a moderation team that rather see people dying and being shot at terrorist attacks than allowing people to speak the truth. That's racist apparently.

God made Trump win for a reason.

autogyro

Obviously the previous poster has no personal conception of art whatsoever.
There realy is little to be achieved by discusing the subject with someone with such a muddled view of the subject.

It would be nice to read the views of others on what defines art in performance road vehicles.
I have an idea that Patrick Heads vroom vroom shock and awe will not be enough.

Mysticf1

Art is purely subjective, there will always be differing opinion on the matter. Downgrading someones view of beauty is pretty narrow minded.

autogyro

Mysticf1 wrote:Art is purely subjective, there will always be differing opinion on the matter. Downgrading someones view of beauty is pretty narrow minded.
I agree art is subjective.
I did not downgrade his view of beauty, I considered there was no reference to beauty in his post and without that his post was of no substance.
Of course if art is subjective, there would be little point in asking you for a definition of beauty would there.
Of course if you like the look of the Veron (vacuum cleaner) I can only comment with one word. Sad.
The Pagani Zonda looks like a nice sports car. It also looks like all the other nice sports cars currently in production. Again one word. Sad.
It is a word that can be used for most of the current age of illusion.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

The point of this car is that its everything a supercar should be. Loud, bold styling, exquisitely made and exclusive.
They have a very narrow clientele, the super rich who care to drive a car.

Every car built is made to fit. And wether it is your cup of tea or not, you cannot deny that this is a glorious homage to the automobile.

And am I alone in thinking the Pagani goes out its way to look different?
More could have been done.
David Purley

Agenda_Is_Incorrect

autogyro wrote:I did not downgrade his view of beauty, I considered there was no reference to beauty in his post and without that his post was of no substance.
Yes you did and read the last line where there is a definition of beauty/art.
autogyro wrote:The Pagani Zonda looks like a nice sports car. It also looks like all the other nice sports cars currently in production. Again one word. Sad.
You just said the Zonda was not nice :-". And no, it only looks the same if you are blinded by your views. It looks nothing like a 911, a 612 or a Maserati. Nothing. And talk about the age of illusion, there are so many con artists now isn't it?

About art or beauty being subjective, it's not so simple. There is a large subjective part on them but there are some absolute definitions as well. For instance, a Fiat 500 pumping out a v12 sound on the stereo would be a form of art/beauty/humor if done with the consciousness of what it is and with the intention to be fun. Trying to put it as seriously cool or controversial is first a lie and second a huge pile of "autogyro art".

With this take on the "autogyro art" I say: autogyro, eat your art and die :lol:
JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:And am I alone in thinking the Pagani goes out its way to look different?
No, you are not alone. It kinda may even look like trying to hard to be different sometimes.
I've been censored by a moderation team that rather see people dying and being shot at terrorist attacks than allowing people to speak the truth. That's racist apparently.

God made Trump win for a reason.

mx_tifoso

Agenda_Is_Incorrect wrote:
JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:And am I alone in thinking the Pagani goes out its way to look different?
No, you are not alone. It kinda may even look like trying to hard to be different sometimes.
+1, but for opposite reasons. I think the Zonda, in every single reiteration, looks ugly. It reminds me of an insect or alien spaceship.

Everything except the bodywork is amazing though; engine (+sound), chassis, suspension. Which is what matters I suppose, but it looks like it was designed by a 12 year old.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

tarzoon

autogyro wrote: Of course if you like the look of the Veron (vacuum cleaner) I can only comment with one word. Sad.
The Pagani Zonda looks like a nice sports car. It also looks like all the other nice sports cars currently in production. Again one word. Sad.
You must be a really old, grumpy man! :roll: Can't you just appreciate things as they were made by someone passionate about his/her job?

If not, please show us how to make something nicer and stop complaining.

autogyro

Why build super cars for reality when most just use them in computer games where you can delude your self by using them to the limit without hurting yourself.
No point any longer in building real ones is there.
I bet far more people drive a computer generated Pagani Zonda than drive real ones. It is ugly though, so probably no shelf life in games.
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 13 Sep 2010, 02:16, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed off topic comments. THIS is sad