Red Bull X1

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
HampusA

Re: Red Bull X1

Car was designed by Adrian Newey and his team.

Funny to see so many people actually missing the point of the whole thing or why it was even created in the first place. (yes i know it´s only in the game but they do have a real life size of it)
The truth will come out...

aleks_ader

Hey does anybody know somptin new in about this thread? How soon will be this concept on the race track?
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

MIKEY_!

No plans as far as i know. Think it was just for the hell of it. And it looked cool. And was good PR.

mx_tifoso

At Goodwood 2012.

Grooved tyres?
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

machin

Was it a running concept.. or just static..?

F1 should look like this!
COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH

Jersey Tom

Looks somewhat similar to some of the concept work for the new Indy Car:

http://jalopnik.com/5466952/gallery-swi ... /gallery/1
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

Cold Fussion

It does look amazing. It would be interesting to see it with one of the new v6 turbos (to stay trueish to the game) and see how it performs.

Caito

kinda reminds me of the caparo t1, but this one is way prettier.

Come back 747, we miss you!!

astracrazy

I wonder if some of his ideas were restricted by Red Bull due to there F1 designs.

For example, theirs no blown diffuser. Yet I'd imagine that in some form Newey would add that. I just wonder if something like that red bull blocked as they were introducing that into there f1 car around that time.

Holm86

astracrazy wrote:I wonder if some of his ideas were restricted by Red Bull due to there F1 designs.

For example, theirs no blown diffuser. Yet I'd imagine that in some form Newey would add that. I just wonder if something like that red bull blocked as they were introducing that into there f1 car around that time.

That was supposed to be a non restricted car. The only reason for a double diffuser was because of loopholes in regulations. If you dont have rules a big single diffuser is fine.

ESPImperium

Great car in GT5, ive spent alot of time on different tracks recently and Le Mans in a almost 2:30 lap is almost terrifying. Eau Rouge at 400KMh is balls to the wall and Indy oval laps in 30 seconds a lap is really weird.

That car is one of two X2010 static show cars avalable. Someone put the cost of making a single moving chassis at €35m and thats without any engine development.

Its a car without restriction, however there is one restriction and that is the density of air.

raymondu999

Holm86 wrote:
astracrazy wrote:I wonder if some of his ideas were restricted by Red Bull due to there F1 designs.

That was supposed to be a non restricted car. The only reason for a double diffuser was because of loopholes in regulations. If you dont have rules a big single diffuser is fine.
Not double diffuser - astracrazy said blown diffuser. Yes this was a nonrestricted car, but perhaps RBR didn't want to really give other teams any *possible* ideas.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

RB7ate9

Considering Newey was given free reign, he could use the most effective of technologies for downforce, namely, that massive turbine to suck the car down *cough* I mean cooling *cough cough*.

Things like the double diffuser and blown diffuser were workarounds to get back more downforce lost with the 2009 regulation changes. With the giant cooling fan, that provides gobs of downforce, these diffuser mechanisms may be redundant and even hindering to the overall design. But I do get what you're saying and I'm sure Newey designed it almost to the limits of his imagination :wink:

Holm86

raymondu999 wrote:
Holm86 wrote:

Not double diffuser - astracrazy said blown diffuser. Yes this was a nonrestricted car, but perhaps RBR didn't want to really give other teams any *possible* ideas.
Damn. Perhaps i need to go see the eye doctor.

Anyhow i dont think a blown diffuser would add anything here as there is already a huge fan to create low pressure underneath the floor.