Exhaust sound

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
alelanza

Re: Exhaust sound

Definitely, look for honda B series engines being dynoed, you'll easily hear the vtec kicking in yo! :D
Alejandro L.

Caito

alelanza wrote:Definitely, look for honda B series engines being dynoed, you'll easily hear the vtec kicking in yo! :D

The dyno would look like this:
Come back 747, we miss you!!

PhillipM

I think you'd better go look up the torque/horsepower relationship, I think your dyno is out of calibration a bit :lol:

Muulka

PhillipM wrote:I think you'd better go look up the torque/horsepower relationship, I think your dyno is out of calibration a bit :lol:
No! Is vtec!

jamsbong

Caito wrote:For reference:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdePhx9HVjo[/youtube]

It sounds great, but I don't think it's a "different" sound.
Here is a Lambo V10 as a comparison.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA2SWmjHlDM[/youtube]

I think the tone of the V10 is similar but quite clearly the Porsche is able to rev up so much quicker than the slowish Lambo V10. If you are able to speed up the Lambo's V10, it will sound closer to the Porsche.

The Carrera GT engine was design to have super-sharp throttle response. They did it by cutting down weights of all moving parts in the engine. They even reduce the flywheel diameter so much that they need 2 clutches to have enought contact area to transfer the power to the gearbox.

I guess compare the 2, the Carrera GT sounds so much more exotic and exciting.

HampusA

The carrera engine was if i'm not mistaken also ment for racing first.

Another car that sounds like CGT and LF-A is M5 E60.
strap on a hp exhaust and it will sing.

my favorite is OneAndOnly exhaust.
The truth will come out...

chuck78

Hi everyone. I hope someone could help me in modifying my stock muffler for motorcycle Suzuki Freewind. It is 650cc one cylinder enduro bike.
I want to make it louder, but not too loud, becouse it is almoust silent :|
This is pic of inside pipes. Should I drill some holes, shorten some of them or change outgoing resonator pipe with some larger diametar (now it is about 27mm)?

You can see in this view from the "engine side", the middle thinner one is resonator pipe.