Scuderia Ferrari SF71H

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.

PlatinumZealot

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF71H

So Renualt had the right concept there. Sometimes the big teams learn from the small ones.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

DiogoBrand

PlatinumZealot wrote:
20 Oct 2018, 10:24
So Renualt had the right concept there. Sometimes the big teams learn from the small ones.
I won't call any team big or small, but faster teams copying slower cars happens all the time, just look at how many aero devices from McLaren were copied by other teams over the last few years. It's just that the faster cars are better all around, rather than having one or two clever devices and a dog of a car everywhere else.

garyjpaterson

Lol I'm thankful they wait this far in the season to introduce the insane numbers of elements... I thought modelling just the 6 was enough :lol:

bosyber

Didn't really feel that was likely, but just heard RTL Germany say 'Ferrari more or less went back to how they ran the car at the end of June, in Hockenheim' woah, I guess they didn't have time to go more fine grained, but that shows quite a shocking amount of development gone wrong if so!

Anyway, hope they know where they made the mistake, and that the new floor which got too little testing this weekend will soon deliver some extra improvements, to at the least keep races interesting.

MtthsMlw

bosyber wrote:
21 Oct 2018, 19:07
Didn't really feel that was likely, but just heard RTL Germany say 'Ferrari more or less went back to how they ran the car at the end of June, in Hockenheim' woah, I guess they didn't have time to go more fine grained, but that shows quite a shocking amount of development gone wrong if so!

Anyway, hope they know where they made the mistake, and that the new floor which got too little testing this weekend will soon deliver some extra improvements, to at the least keep races interesting.
Actually the only thing that they reverted back to pre Singapore is the McLaren Endplates RW. Ofc we don't know about changes under the hood.

Fer.Fan

According to Sky sports Ferrari went back to pre Sinapore updates.

They lost WC due to bad updates and Vettel mistakes in Monza and Japan. Starting with grip penalty in Austin will not help either...

M840TR

4 months worth of development work in the bin, oof!. Team still doesn't have answers as to why. That ought to put a dent in next year's car.

MtthsMlw

I don't know who reported that #-o Just look at the car, the only thing that was there and is now missing is the McLaren Style RW endplates. Or am I missing something? Maybe they are talking about changes to the suspension or something like that which went unnoticed in the first place.

M840TR

MtthsMlw wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 19:23
I don't know who reported that #-o Just look at the car, the only thing that was there and is now missing is the McLaren Style RW endplates. Or am I missing something? Maybe they are talking about changes to the suspension or something like that which went unnoticed in the first place.
Vettel said it and Racefans reported it. As reliable as it gets. There were more changes like the FW, turning vanes, bargeboards etc

nemanja

They definitely raced new front wing this weekend.

MtthsMlw

Checked some more pictures and the bargeboards are also pre Singapore spec.

zokipirlo

M840TR wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 19:15
4 months worth of development work in the bin, oof!. Team still doesn't have answers as to why. That ought to put a dent in next year's car.
Sometimes you learn a lot more from mistakes. They have time to put some modifications for Abu Dhabi testing to compare all numbers and prepare for a next year. Could be something else that aero didn't work as expected, a lot of variables. But it shows how quick is Ferrari even with older specs. Too bad rules were changed for the next year, Ferrari would be probably the strongest team. Now everything is open again.

M840TR

zokipirlo wrote:
23 Oct 2018, 06:17
M840TR wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 19:15
Sometimes you learn a lot more from mistakes. They have time to put some modifications for Abu Dhabi testing to compare all numbers and prepare for a next year. Could be something else that aero didn't work as expected, a lot of variables. But it shows how quick is Ferrari even with older specs. Too bad rules were changed for the next year, Ferrari would be probably the strongest team. Now everything is open again.
Every minute spent figuring out where it went wrong is not spent developing for next year; and it takes months on average to sort out correlation issues.

timbo

Reminds me a bit how Brawn cars were miles ahead of everybody in the first half of 2009 but then somehow slipped down the order.