Scuderia Ferrari SF71H

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
bosyber

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF71H

CLKGTR wrote:
23 Nov 2018, 15:38
Interesting photo from Abu Dhabi - if you look the mirror, you'll see image that is verticaly split in two parts. Or I'm seeing it wrong...
Yes, Ferrari is running a mirror with near, and wider view mirror in it for most of the year.

Dipesh1995

Thunder

I moved the Post about the proposed changes to the cooling System of the 2019 Car to the Team Thread. It's better of there until we have our speculation Threads Setup.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Godius

28/11/12 via AMuS:

nacho

Looks like too much pressure blew up the sidepod.

What is the brown layer in the carbon layup, are they using something like flax fibre as a layer?

Just_a_fan

It's the aramid honeycomb layer used to give thickness and thus stiffness.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

McMrocks

nacho wrote:
28 Nov 2018, 14:23

What is the brown layer in the carbon layup, are they using something like flax fibre as a layer?
I don't think too much pressure blew it up. You can still see the duct through which the air flows to the radiator. That duct should have blown up aswell in that case.But the duct seems in good shape so that no air entering the sidepod inlets would ever touch this piece of bodywork.

It's a weird damage. The only force acting on that piece of the bodywork should be the pressure of the air on the outside. This and probably some fatigue caused the failure

Polite

McMrocks wrote:
28 Nov 2018, 22:01
nacho wrote:
28 Nov 2018, 14:23

I don't think too much pressure blew it up. You can still see the duct through which the air flows to the radiator. That duct should have blown up aswell in that case.But the duct seems in good shape so that no air entering the sidepod inlets would ever touch this piece of bodywork.

It's a weird damage. The only force acting on that piece of the bodywork should be the pressure of the air on the outside. This and probably some fatigue caused the failure
or maybe a debris? fatigue for sure in all the scenarios is a contributory cause but the 2 i can imagine most are a debris or a mistake by the mechanics.

dfegan358

February seems a long time away until we see some of the first pics of the Ferrari challenger for 2019.

Think we definitely fell behind Mercedes in development race in latter half of season. Need to improve downforce levels.

Will be interesting to see how the next car looks. Build on the strengths of this year and the continuous engine improvements should see us in good position come Melbourne!!

digitalrurouni

dfegan358 wrote:
11 Dec 2018, 00:15
February seems a long time away until we see some of the first pics of the Ferrari challenger for 2019.

Think we definitely fell behind Mercedes in development race in latter half of season. Need to improve downforce levels.

Will be interesting to see how the next car looks. Build on the strengths of this year and the continuous engine improvements should see us in good position come Melbourne!!
I dunno if I would say Ferrari fell behind - rather they just went down a wrong avenue didn't they? Rolled back the changes and immediately the car was staggeringly quick!! I expect a fully revamped Ferrari next year!!!!

LM10

digitalrurouni wrote:
11 Dec 2018, 15:11
dfegan358 wrote:
11 Dec 2018, 00:15

I dunno if I would say Ferrari fell behind - rather they just went down a wrong avenue didn't they? Rolled back the changes and immediately the car was staggeringly quick!! I expect a fully revamped Ferrari next year!!!!
The amazing thing was that Ferrari removed the upgrades and was still almost as fast as the upgraded Mercedes. And what I found nice from the team was that they kept on putting on the updated parts in practices so that they could gather data. Sometimes learning from mistakes is better.

MtthsMlw

I think it's time for the 2019 cars speculation threads?

Just_a_fan

MtthsMlw wrote:
11 Dec 2018, 19:05
I think it's time for the 2019 cars speculation threads?
Start one! :wink: =D>
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

organic

This Twitter thread worth a look I think :shock: limited but nonetheless interesting