Mercedes W11

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter does not belong here.
Wass85
Wass85

Re: Mercedes W11

Just_a_fan wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:25 pm
Parc Ferme is an event issue, not a season issue, I believe. The cars go in to parc ferme after a certain point in a race weekend ("the event"). The are certain things that are locked-in for the season such as homologated items, but that's a different issue.
But surely this delay will allow teams to adjust and alter their cars in a way that would not be possible whilst being occupied with race weekends?

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Wass85 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:11 pm
Just_a_fan wrote:
Parc Ferme is an event issue, not a season issue, I believe. The cars go in to parc ferme after a certain point in a race weekend ("the event"). The are certain things that are locked-in for the season such as homologated items, but that's a different issue.
But surely this delay will allow teams to adjust and alter their cars in a way that would not be possible whilst being occupied with race weekends?
But that's not against the rules, except for the homologated stuff obviously.
Turbo says "Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools." oh, and "The Dutch fans are drunk. Maybe"

Wass85
Wass85

Just_a_fan wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:16 pm
Wass85 wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:
Well that's fair enough, I wonder if any teams will be think of installing DAS.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Presumably if they think it will give a benefit in their particular car. Different cars have different strengths and weaknesses. Maybe others wouldn't see enough improvement to be worth spending resource on it.
Turbo says "Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools." oh, and "The Dutch fans are drunk. Maybe"

PlatinumZealot

Wass85 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:18 pm
Just_a_fan wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:16 pm
Wass85 wrote:

Well that's fair enough, I wonder if any teams will be think of installing DAS.
The space it takes up seems to require a bigger hole in the bulkhead. This explains why the other teams said a chassis modification and thus a crash test will be required to install it even if they manage to design and build a DAS of their own.
===================✯✯
============✯✯
====✯✯
LH44