McLaren MP4-27 Mercedes (pre-launch speculation)

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
N12ck

Re: McLaren MP4-27 Mercedes (pre-launch speculation)

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
bhallg2k wrote:
Pup wrote:So I'm calling this one complete and utter BS - which is probably why it was pulled from Autosport lickety split.
Agreed. It looks like someone was pulling the author's chain, and no one bothered to verify anything until after the article was published.
I don't agree. I believe the article was spot on aside from the fact he claimed the MP4-26 was faster than the RB7 towards the end of the year. I would reckon the reason it was pulled is someone from McLaren saw the quotes about the drivers getting "whupped". That wouldn't make either driver happy. Furthermore what does it say about said drivers if they truly believe they had the fastest car?

I do believe the '27 will be radical. We'll find out in a little over 12 hours. :D
I take it in a sarcastic tone like saying, :redbull,, we know what your secret is...
Budding F1 Engineer

raymondu999

The funky thing about the article is Andrew Purcell doesn't usually write about motorsport
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Crucial_Xtreme

raymondu999 wrote:The funky thing about the article is Andrew Purcell doesn't usually write about motorsport
True which is weird as well. I know he doesn't normally work with the F1 team but I suspect he knew what he was talking about in regards to the '27. Either way as many in the sub-forum I'm ready to see the new car.

N12ck

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:The funky thing about the article is Andrew Purcell doesn't usually write about motorsport
True which is weird as well. I know he doesn't normally work with the F1 team but I suspect he knew what he was talking about in regards to the '27. Either way as many in the sub-forum I'm ready to see the new car.
agreed! +1
Budding F1 Engineer

ajdavison2

Anyone else think we'll have to wait till the first test to see these 'possibly illegal' solutions and wings and what not, I think the launch spec will be 2011 wings.

Owen.C93

ajdavison2 wrote:Anyone else think we'll have to wait till the first test to see these 'possibly illegal' solutions and wings and what not, I think the launch spec will be 2011 wings.
Maybe, Whitmarsh said it will be obvious at launch that some things are extreme, so we will see something cool I bet.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

pocketmoon

I wonder if anything will turn up here

http://www.mclaren.com/_includes/uploads/

Guessing not. Prob a whole (sub)website dedicated to the MP4-27 waiting to be pushed online rather than someone uploading some pics a few hours before

8)

Crucial_Xtreme

The stage is set & they're ready...

https://twitter.com/#!/TheFifthDriver/s ... 72/photo/1

ajdavison2

pocketmoon wrote:I wonder if anything will turn up here

http://www.mclaren.com/_includes/uploads/

Guessing not. Prob a whole (sub)website dedicated to the MP4-27 waiting to be pushed online rather than someone uploading some pics a few hours before

8)
I would guess that would refer to the sidepods and/or airbox, basically the body work not including wings. Just guessing obviously.

Edit* wrong quote.
Last edited by ajdavison2 on 01 Feb 2012, 00:16, edited 1 time in total.

ell66

Owen.C93 wrote:
ajdavison2 wrote:Anyone else think we'll have to wait till the first test to see these 'possibly illegal' solutions and wings and what not, I think the launch spec will be 2011 wings.
Maybe, Whitmarsh said it will be obvious at launch that some things are extreme, so we will see something cool I bet.
I dont think it was whitmarsh who made them comments, i tink it was the guy from interview today.

Owen.C93

ell66 wrote:
Owen.C93 wrote:
I dont think it was whitmarsh who made them comments, i tink it was the guy from interview today.
Oh ok I wasn't sure whether I made that up or not.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

PlatinumZealot

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Pics have leaked!!!

the car!!...

the car!!...

its!...

:o oh my god!

Mcleren 2012 WCC!!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Tozza Mazza

n smikle wrote::shock: :shock: :shock:

Pics have leaked!!!

the car!!...

the car!!...

its!...

:o oh my god!

Mcleren 2012 WCC!!
Link or it never happened!

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Nsmikle playing funnybuggers I reckon :lol:
More could have been done.
David Purley

Tozza Mazza

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:Nsmikle playing funnybuggers I reckon :lol:
Hope not, I'm out all day tommorow!