Mercedes AMG F1 W03 (pre-launch speculation)

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
hardingfv32
hardingfv32

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03 (pre-launch speculation)

Ganxxta wrote:but if the exhaust stay in the position this far forward, is it good for the power of the engine?
The fact is we have no factual information on how the engine is affected by all these exhaust configurations this or last year. I am sure there are compromises made to the exhaust for the benefit of better aero packaging and exhaust outlet positioning. Maybe you can model this compromise or maybe there are politics involved over what department holds the most power in a particular team.

Brian

hardingfv32
hardingfv32

Gridlock wrote:most damningly the clear intent (and therefore enforcement) of the rules is to make the exhaust plume as aerodynamically neutral as possible.
Of coarse we can only get excited about what we can see on this forum or is rumored. We do tend to make too much of many things. Participate when you find it fun.

Also note that the exhaust rules were formulated by team engineers. They were not oblivious to some of the possible work arounds.

Brian
Last edited by hardingfv32 on 21 Feb 2012, 03:55, edited 1 time in total.

Ferraripilot

It looks like the MB has the Red Bull inboard undercuts on the front wing as well. Every other team only has those on the outside just under the endplates.

Predator

As with everyone else, I'm very pleased with the car. 6 hours is now a hell of a long wait! It'll be interesting to see if they have the strakes on the RW endplates & whether the RW is attached to the diffuser like the other top teams, come tomorrow or Melbourne. I know they introduced it in Monaco last season, but it seemed a bit rushed and then of course they stopped developing the car not long after.

Cocles

Just a few hours and counting...

All there is to say:

http://youtu.be/eURy8NskhGM?t=1m10s

PlatinumZealot

Hmm.. can the thread make another 100 pages in those 6 hours? who is up for it?

You see...rumours in the paddock are Mercedes is using a double back staging turbo compounder to refuel the KERS in between downshifts at a rate of 100 milliseconds per parsec interval... This is obviously brushing the margins of the 2012 regulations! Article 3.98.100.abc.xyz.. states CLEARLY that such devices which harness energy using MERCURY phase precipitate fusion methods are not allowed within the volume of a vertical plane 100mm ahead of rear wheel center line 500mm above the refernce plane and behind the rear chassis template!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

ArchAngel

The big secret is inside the nostrils of that active nose. Peek far enough inside and you'll see a mercury capacitor-powered wormhole generator that kicks in when the car hits 88mph and propels them three seconds into the future, thereby leapfrogging every other car on track.

dren

If you look closely you can see something glowing...

Enhance...enhance...enhance...
Honda!

Hail22

Cocles wrote:Just a few hours and counting...

All there is to say:

http://youtu.be/eURy8NskhGM?t=1m10s

May this be followed by a houston...we have lift off with Ferrari Vs Mercedes Era returning!
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

raymondu999

dren wrote:If you look closely you can see something glowing...

Enhance...enhance...enhance...
How are they getting 1.21 gigawatts? :lol:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Hail22

This is what the Mercury system (if implemented...doubtful) this will be Adrian Neweys reply.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5cYgRnfFDA[/youtube]

4 Hours til this thread is closed and replaced with the Mercedes W03 thread? (thats when the pit lane light goes green 8am GMT.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Websta

These are the possible directions that the Mercedes W03 thread will go based on the possible outcomes of the launch/test:

Launch (Although we have seen most of the car)

Mercedes unveil reveals very interesting looking parts: Mercedes will be a front runner.

Mercedes unveil confirms a fairly vanilla looking car - Mercedes are hiding something, the innovation is under the skin: Mercedes will be a front runner.

Test results

Mercedes top the test times: Mercedes will be a front runner.

Mercedes are in the middle or bottom of time sheets - Mercedes are sandbagging: Mercedes will be a front runner.

MIKEY_!

Optimistic is one word for this...

Pierce89

Websta wrote:These are the possible directions that the Mercedes W03 thread will go based on the possible outcomes of the launch/test:

Launch (Although we have seen most of the car)

Mercedes unveil reveals very interesting looking parts: Mercedes will be a front runner.

Mercedes unveil confirms a fairly vanilla looking car - Mercedes are hiding something, the innovation is under the skin: Mercedes will be a front runner.

Test results

Mercedes top the test times: Mercedes will be a front runner.

Mercedes are in the middle or bottom of time sheets - Mercedes are sandbagging: Mercedes will be a front runner.
I noticed the same pattern, but then that's why we all love JET. :D
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Pierce89

MIKEY_! wrote:Optimistic is one word for this...
He's referring to the way this thread has developed
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher