Ferrari F2012 (pre-launch speculation)

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Re: Ferrari F2012 (pre-launch speculation)

Quote from Stefano regarding the new OZ contract:

Team boss Stefano Domenicali said: "We are proud to welcome the group of suppliers OZ the Scuderia. The mark of Padua is synonymous with reliability and quality, along with these features, joins the ability to meet the needs of their customers in a sport as competitive as F1, always looking for better performance. F1 This collaboration will further strengthen the ties it has established over the years our team and OZ in the street cars. "

Regarding tomorrow's launch:

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

I'm anxious to see how the OZ contract will affect the road cars, as they have also only used BBS's for as long as I can remember now. Possibly starting with the 599 replacement and the "Scuderia" version of the 458.

But I have a feeling that the F12 is going to be a gem both on track and in the aesthetics department!
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

timbo
timbo

mx_tifoso wrote:But I have a feeling that the F12 is going to be a gem both on track and in the aesthetics department!
Can a gem be ugly? :)

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

BMW Sauber F1.08 was fugly and freaky fast for what it had on it appendage wise.

Shrieker

ESPImperium wrote:BMW Sauber F1.08 was fugly and freaky fast for what it had on it appendage wise.
Really? To me it was a very beautiful car, and the appendages made it look so good, like something out of a sci-fi movie.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Joie de vivre

NEW FERRARI!!!

:lol:

bhall
bhall

That's a Grand Cherokee, right?
ESPImperium wrote:BMW Sauber F1.08 was fugly and freaky fast for what it had on it appendage wise.
I think that BMW's speed was entirely the result of those appendages, because the team fell off the map as soon as such devices were banned.

PlatinumZealot

Like aerodynamics band aids?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

bhall
bhall

That analogy is probably as good as any.

Sisso KavanhaK
Sisso KavanhaK

Ferrari already made a ugly car with a lot of wings.

I think they could come back with solutions like this.

... or they simply added wings because some other team sponsor's slogan says...

"...it gives you wings" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

(sorry for the weak joke, but i couldn't let it pass.)

jordangp

Well Sisso, all these 'add-on' parts as seen on the 2008 car, have been banned due to rule changes since 2009. Nothing like that will feature on the car.

Sisso KavanhaK
Sisso KavanhaK

jordangp wrote:Well Sisso, all these 'add-on' parts as seen on the 2008 car, have been banned due to rule changes since 2009. Nothing like that will feature on the car.
Sure, but I think they will use some knoweledge from wind tunnels from that season.

That's why I think the word "wings" came from Montezemolo.

If you look carefully to the body without wings, it's similar to what we have on 2012.

Even the position of the "hole" at this picture below seems to fit on Caterham "nose break".

What you guys think?

jordangp

That was a very different concept to Caterham, I doubt there is much correlation between their 2012 model and the 2008 model

bhall
bhall

Call me crazy, but I don't think there's anything ugly about the F2008. It's simply a product of the rules in force at the time. Granted, the same is true of current cars, but now the rules are, in a way, dishonest, because they attempt to make an F1 car something that it's not, i.e., easy to overtake.

jordangp

True. To be honest, I've never really considered an F1 car 'ugly'. Not even the caterham, in fact I think it looks good. The fact it is an F1 car, is a thing of beauty to me