Ferrari F2012 (pre-launch speculation)

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Sisso KavanhaK

Re: Ferrari F2012 (pre-launch speculation)

Ugly or not, let's back to the point:

Wings.

Crucial_Xtreme

bhallg2k wrote:Call me crazy, but I don't think there's anything ugly about the F2008. It's simply a product of the rules in force at the time. Granted, the same is true of current cars, but now the rules are, in a way, dishonest, because they attempt to make an F1 car something that it's not, i.e., easy to overtake.
I agree completely!! The F2008 tis beautiful IMHO.

bhall

Sisso KavanhaK wrote:Ugly or not, let's back to the point:

Wings.
...are so tightly controlled by FIA regulations that you will not see anything even remotely resembling the F2008, or any other pre-2009 car, in the foreseeable future. The aim of the game now is to design a car in which the aerodynamics work as harmoniously as possible from front to back without the use of those small wings and other appendages.

Sisso KavanhaK

bhallg2k wrote:

Wings.
...are so tightly restricted by the FIA that you will not see anything even remotely resembling the F2008, or any other pre-2009 car, in the foreseeable future. The aim of the game now is to design a car in which the aerodynamics work as harmoniously as possible from front to back without the use of all of those wings and other appendages.
So witch kind of wings the journalists was talking about?

Ok ok, just a few more hours and we all we see it.

But I think that will have some 2008 design simmilarities. Not like pieces, but shapes.

Imagine that 2011 car shaped like a wing, with two noses. Just like BMW's 2008 F1.

That would be very ugly and winggy

bhall

I'm not sure which journalists you're referring to or the wings they were talking about. Do you mean the rumored wings ahead of the sidepods?

While I don't want to otherwise be completely dismissive of your ideas, the regulations now are so far removed from those of 2008 that practically the only similarities carried over are four wheels and a driver.

Crucial_Xtreme

Sisso KavanhaK wrote:
bhallg2k wrote:

Wings.
...are so tightly restricted by the FIA that you will not see anything even remotely resembling the F2008, or any other pre-2009 car, in the foreseeable future. The aim of the game now is to design a car in which the aerodynamics work as harmoniously as possible from front to back without the use of all of those wings and other appendages.
So witch kind of wings the journalists was talking about?

Ok ok, just a few more hours and we all we see it.

But I think that will have some 2008 design simmilarities. Not like pieces, but shapes.

Imagine that 2011 car shaped like a wing, with two noses. Just like BMW's 2008 F1.

That would be very ugly and winggy
Piola was talking about the kind of wing/winglet ahead of the sidepods like the picture below.

Sisso KavanhaK

bhallg2k wrote:I'm not sure which journalists you're referring to or the wings they were talking about. Do you mean the rumored wings ahead of the sidepods?

While I don't want to otherwise be completely dismissive of your ideas, the regulations now are so far removed from those of 2008 that practically the only similarities carried over are four wheels and a driver.
Ehehehehe LOL

See, what I am trying to do is: "what makes Montezemolo say that a Ferrari car is ugly, and a journalist to say it have wings?"

You put the words "wings" and "ugly" together to the ordinary people on paper and you get some 2008 "weird" design.

Just ask to some friend that doesn't undestand F1 to describe the 2012 Cartheram in words. That Is the opposite method to describe my thougts about F12.

Jersey Tom

I suspect they're just gonna call it the F250. Super Duty.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

ForMuLaOne

Jersey Tom wrote:I suspect they're just gonna call it the F250. Super Duty.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Crucial_Xtreme

Jersey Tom wrote:I suspect they're just gonna call it the F250. Super Duty.
Tom go jump in Lake Norman.. lol. Just playing. But seriously it will be called F2012. :))

bhall

They can call it F-Pinto for all I care, just as long she's quick.

Gilles 27

italian wrote:
Gilles 27 wrote:
italian wrote:Do you know what time Ferrari is going to publish photos and technical information?
I think like the other teams .... 10am :wink:
Thanks.
I'm staying at school. #-o
No if you life in Maranello are closed until saturday..... Because of snow :D

mx_tifoso

As if living in the US isn't bad enough sometimes, following f1 and not being having the launches/gp's at reasonable times makes it even worse.

The anticipation is killing me.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

bhall

So what happens to sports websites when arguably the most popular team in the world releases images of its newest challenger?

mx_tifoso

Crash........ :?

Wait for it.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.