HRT F112 Cosworth

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.

Will HRT be in Q2 in 2012?

Yes - at the start of the Season
5%
Yes - by Germany
7%
No - not in 2012
54%
Never!
34%

Total votes: 307

N12ck

Re: HRT F112 Cosworth (pre-launch speculation)

cbbcisace wrote:See above its the F111 from recent Jerez test.
I know, but why does it have a sharkfin if its the F111 as the sharkfin like that was banned its not 330mm from the rear wing, so it seems like a pointless render
Budding F1 Engineer

cbbcisace
cbbcisace

They have put the render on the website I'm guessing because they thought the actual F112 would be ready.

N12ck

cbbcisace wrote:They have put the render on the website I'm guessing because they thought the actual F112 would be ready.
But why the sharkfin because the car wouldnt have the sharfin on, and also look at the right rear wing endplate, you can see that through the sharkfin! :lol:
Budding F1 Engineer

jordangp

N12ck wrote:
cbbcisace wrote:They have put the render on the website I'm guessing because they thought the actual F112 would be ready.
But why the sharkfin because the car wouldnt have the sharfin on, and also look at the right rear wing endplate, you can see that through the sharkfin! :lol:
It's not a full sharkfin, it's the same as they ran all year, last year. The inside of the endplate is white also, and the shape of the endplate, makes it look as if it has a full sharkfin, but doesn't if you look close enough. It ends vertically, as last year.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Im guessing this is the F111 render to testing pain scheme at present.

We will see the F112 next week, or at Austrailia all else failing.

N12ck

Great spy JordanGP
Budding F1 Engineer

jordangp

N12ck wrote:Great spy JordanGP
As always :wink:

N12ck

jordangp wrote:
N12ck wrote:Great spy JordanGP
As always :wink:
Haha :lol: I wonder if the hispania will ever be made in time for the first race
Budding F1 Engineer

PlatinumZealot

:lol: :lol: I'm surprised they've even managed to make it into a third year.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

dice782

OH NO HRT Jeans?? they hired the wrong Kind of designers!! :lol:

http://accitanopdlr.comyr.com/2012/COLECCIONHRT.pdf

From what I see it has to be the f111 from the Jerez tests. The images HRT took of the car in Jerez are the source, background has been cleaned up & Its been altered a bit. The shark fin has been extended back a bit, maybe to hide some thing in that corner, if you draw a line from the middle of the front nose to the halfway line on the rear wing you can see the Sharkfin is out. That's my opinion as I've played around with Photoshop & Gimp in a similar way. If I had time I would probably try and attempt an imitation. Download gimp and have a go.

Last year I remember people saying the same thing about the F111, "oh no its not real, its rendered they probably wont finish it ". But it ended up being real. I don't think HRT have any reason to lie or deceive fans & media, they know it will do more harm and they cant afford any of that. They probably carefully managing information. From what I have seen over the winter HRT PR are doing a good job they are aware of media and are always quick to counteract rumors, I am sure they even reading these threads !

Anyway its good to see the new website Hopefully HRT will release some real photo's of the F112. So it looks like Tonio Luizzi is still with the team! =D>

void

At least they are the first team to have the car ready for Codemaster's F1 2012 game

dice782

void wrote:At least they are the first team to have the car ready for Codemaster's F1 2012 game
Sorry whats this news? I don't get what you're saying can you explain?

Trocola
Trocola

dice782 wrote:
void wrote:At least they are the first team to have the car ready for Codemaster's F1 2012 game
I think void means that the F112 is just a digital image, so they can sell it to Codemaster and save them work digitalizing the car

Still no news about the crash test? [-o<

Trocola

cbbcisace
cbbcisace

Accordingly just the final test tomorrow morning, no news of failures today :)

beelsebob
beelsebob

Trocola wrote:
dice782 wrote:
I think void means that the F112 is just a digital image, so they can sell it to Codemaster and save them work digitalizing the car

Still no news about the crash test? [-o<
Just for reference – a model used to make advertising material, and a model used for a computer game are so different that you'd actually need to start from scratch between them. The former is likely to involve many many many millions of polys, or a nurbs surface; the latter, will be significantly lower poly. The result is that you want to lay things out much more carefully. It's often easier to start from scratch with a lower poly model than to try to reduce the poly count of a higher end one.