HRT F112 Cosworth

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.

Will HRT be in Q2 in 2012?

Yes - at the start of the Season
5%
Yes - by Germany
7%
No - not in 2012
54%
Never!
34%

Total votes: 307

wesley123
wesley123

Re: HRT F112 Cosworth (pre-launch speculation)

cbbcisace wrote:According to Narain from his Reteurs interview, HRT are 24 hours behind where they thought they would be. Will be in Barca on Monday for the filming day.
If that was the case why didnt they run starting the second test day?
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Trocola
Trocola

dice782 wrote:Since we the fans have been waiting so so long and the Test have been ruined I think HRT should release some pictures of the new car.
+1

At least, let us see the actual car. A couple of pictures will be enough

Trocola

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Trocola wrote:
dice782 wrote:Since we the fans have been waiting so so long and the Test have been ruined I think HRT should release some pictures of the new car.
+1

At least, let us see the actual car. A couple of pictures will be enough

Trocola
A few pics would now be good enough for me.

cbbcisace
cbbcisace

I think we will see more than picture over the next couple of days :)

dice782

Yes there isn't any reason to hold back anymore, it would only be for the sake of a good PR. I guess we will have to wait until Monday.

cbbcisace
cbbcisace

The car is going to have to arrive at the circuit at some point tomorrow...

dice782

cbbcisace wrote:The car is going to have to arrive at the circuit at some point tomorrow...
Yes maybe in the afternoon. For the filming day who is going to actually be doing the filming? Will that be Antena 3 or some one hired by HRT.

Good thing filming days are allowed. Judging from what has happened in previous years I think the FIA would now look at banning filming days 2 days before the opening race.

cbbcisace
cbbcisace

Not sure its going to be an actual filming day as such...

Trocola
Trocola

dice782 wrote:
cbbcisace wrote:The car is going to have to arrive at the circuit at some point tomorrow...
Yes maybe in the afternoon. For the filming day who is going to actually be doing the filming? Will that be Antena 3 or some one hired by HRT.

Good thing filming days are allowed. Judging from what has happened in previous years I think the FIA would now look at banning filming days 2 days before the opening race.
It is easier: they pick some guy from Montmeló, gave him a camera and that's the film day :lol:

If Ferrari does that... :twisted:

Trocola

hrt
hrt

The filming day isnt too bad, we started with the F112 two months later than Marussia and we are an absolutely new team, so whatever we will do on monday ill be happy, the team effort is incredible.

dice782

hrt wrote:The filming day isnt too bad, we started with the F112 two months later than Marussia and we are an absolutely new team, so whatever we will do on monday ill be happy, the team effort is incredible.
Yes when you put it in that perspective then what HRT does this year isn't as bad as it looks , it is still a big achievement. One thing is for sure this cannot happen again next year, hrt have to start their new car by June/July and aim to finish by January because it looks like small teams take much longer. What I am worried about is why have Marussia taken such a long time, have they put so much effort in their new car that it will be way ahead of us. I wonder how many upgrades HRT are planning this year!

beelsebob
beelsebob

hrt wrote:The filming day isnt too bad, we started with the F112 two months later than Marussia and we are an absolutely new team, so whatever we will do on monday ill be happy, the team effort is incredible.
Interesting, so that's a confirmation that you're working for HRT?

bhall
bhall

How much longer is HRT going to be an "absolutely new" team? Likewise, when can we start saying that HRT is like an eight-year-old still being pushed around in a stroller?

EDIT: Hey, I just noticed that I've become a Champion.

So what do HRT and I now have in common? Evidently nothing. :)

cbbcisace
cbbcisace

bhallg2k wrote:How much longer is HRT going to be an "absolutely new" team? Likewise, when can we start saying that HRT is like an eight-year-old still being pushed around in a stroller?

EDIT: Hey, I just noticed that I've become a Champion.

So what do HRT and I now have in common? Evidently nothing. :)
Of course that is a good point, but evidently they have had 3 ownerships changes, and article was posted re what the previous owners had left, which was nothing as Kolles rented everything to Hispania at the time.

The Carabantes who owned the team had no common sense to push things through.

bhall
bhall

Oh, I think it's quite obvious that this team has been saddled with bad decisions from the very beginning. But, I also think it's obvious that this team has made no discernible improvement whatsoever throughout its two-plus years of existence.

I mean, you'd think they'd at least have lucked into something, anything, by now. Instead, they're going to show up to the first race of the season with a car that's never once turned a wheel, and thus maintain a perfect 100% rate of failure to do otherwise.