HRT F112 Cosworth

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.

Will HRT be in Q2 in 2012?

Yes - at the start of the Season
5%
Yes - by Germany
7%
No - not in 2012
54%
Never!
34%

Total votes: 307

McMrocks

Re: HRT F112 Cosworth

If they would drive as fast as they talk...

Trocola

imightbewrong wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi25McEJqM0[/youtube]

Another nice video from HRT explaining the new floor (for those among us who understands spanish).
I like to see how open this team is. Yes, they do not have the best equipment on the grid or the best car, but things like this make me support this team.

In Japan they also showed us the Cosworth engine and where are the water pump, the oil pump and the alternator.

On the other side, talking about the car, I looked at the fastest laps from last year's Japanese GP and this year's and it really looks great:

2011:
Fastest lap: Daniel Ricciardo - 1:41.437 (1:36.568 Fastest lap)
Fastest Qualy lap: Daniel Ricciardo - 1:37.846 (1:30.466 Q3 pole)

2012:
Fastest lap: Pedro de la Rosa - 1:39.351 (1:35.774 Fastest lap)
Fastest Qualy lap: Pedro de la Rosa - 1:35.385 (1:30.839 Q3 pole)

It's a 2 second improvement over a year. They may be the slowest team, but they are really closing the gap

Trocola

Huntresa

Trocola wrote:
imightbewrong wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi25McEJqM0[/youtube]

Another nice video from HRT explaining the new floor (for those among us who understands spanish).
I like to see how open this team is. Yes, they do not have the best equipment on the grid or the best car, but things like this make me support this team.

In Japan they also showed us the Cosworth engine and where are the water pump, the oil pump and the alternator.

On the other side, talking about the car, I looked at the fastest laps from last year's Japanese GP and this year's and it really looks great:

2011:
Fastest lap: Daniel Ricciardo - 1:41.437 (1:36.568 Fastest lap)
Fastest Qualy lap: Daniel Ricciardo - 1:37.846 (1:30.466 Q3 pole)

2012:
Fastest lap: Pedro de la Rosa - 1:39.351 (1:35.774 Fastest lap)
Fastest Qualy lap: Pedro de la Rosa - 1:35.385 (1:30.839 Q3 pole)

It's a 2 second improvement over a year. They may be the slowest team, but they are really closing the gap

Trocola
isnt the gap static tho ? I mean if they took 2 seconds that would mean they would challenge Marussia and Caterham which they arent, so its exactly the same position as last year, static ftl

mx_tifoso

Trocola wrote:

Trocola
I'm a little pressed for time but you could please upload that video if you get the opportunity?

Gracias! Y saludos...
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

stefan_

Well, they are opened like this because they haven't got anything to hide really. If you look at the new floor, you can see that it's pretty much a very basic design. The same thing is with the grills on the RW endplates - it looks like a hole was cut and the grills fitted in.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

bar555

The new floor in front of the tyres is not new . It derives from F110 (2010) car , including the new bargeboards since Spain .
Future is like walking into past......

Blog : http://formula1techandart.wordpress.com/
Twitter :http://twitter.com/bar555onF1

astracrazy

Huntresa wrote:
Trocola wrote: It's a 2 second improvement over a year. They may be the slowest team, but they are really closing the gap
isnt the gap static tho ? I mean if they took 2 seconds that would mean they would challenge Marussia and Caterham which they arent, so its exactly the same position as last year, static ftl
they are in the same position as last year, but they have closed the gap. In Japan they were 8 tenths off caterham (quali). I know thats one gp, but overall the have moved closer.Its just unfortunate for them that whilst there car has prob improved by 1.5-2 secs others have improved 1-1.5 secs.

Trocola

mx_tifoso wrote:
Trocola wrote:

Trocola
I'm a little pressed for time but you could please upload that video if you get the opportunity?

Gracias! Y saludos...
I found the video on antena 3 website, but you can only watch it from Spain and Andorra. Maybe somebody will upload the video like they did with the floor one.
Huntresa wrote: isnt the gap static tho ? I mean if they took 2 seconds that would mean they would challenge Marussia and Caterham which they arent, so its exactly the same position as last year, static ftl
Yes, they are in the same position as last year, but they have improve their pace. The problem is that Marussia and Caterham improved too.

This year's car is not very good, just like last year's one, but, with their low budget, they managed to improve a lot their car

Trocola

JayeOFarrell

Does anyone have any images of the new rear wing they trailed in FP2?
“Be clearly aware of the stars and infinity on high. Then life seems almost enchanted after all.”
― Vincent van Gogh

cbbcisace

JayeOFarrell wrote:Does anyone have any images of the new rear wing they trailed in FP2?
http://twitter.yfrog.com/kf9bhltj

sefarad

Old rear wing
And new one

Regards

JGomezH

mx_tifoso wrote:
Trocola wrote:

Trocola

Gracias! Y saludos...
Here's last week video

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JudtihYivQM[/youtube]

Trocola

Which are the differences between the old and the new wing?

JGomez, thanks for the video

Trocola

C_Stonehouse

sefarad wrote:Old rear wing
And new one

Regards
I have no engineering background. Can someone point out the differences between the two wings; other than the colouring?

aral

sefarad wrote:Old rear wing

And new one

Regards
Wow! They have removed the script. That mus save a gram or two! :lol: :lol: :lol: