Well here we are at last, the first launch of a 2005 F1 contender: The TF105
There isn't really much special about this car, apart that it resembles a lot its predecessor and that it applies to the new regulations.
They besically include:
- 5 cm higher front wing
- Downforce creating elements of the rear wing moved 15cm to the front
- Maximum height of 125mm of the diffuser
- The underbody can no longer make it to the rear tyre, but instead must have a space that is 400mm from the rear axle and 200mm in the transversal section. In image 5, the lighter grey shaded area displays where this space will be on the TF105.
However, some things I noticed:
- the presented car lacks barge boards
- there is a small horizontal flap at each side of the monocoque between the front wheels
- the car has very nicely curved chimneys (probably the favourite thing to tune for Mike Gascoyne, he seems to make a habit of it
Well so far my quick look
Any thoughts from you guys?