Williams FW34 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Coefficient

Re: Williams FW34 Renault

In my experience Joe Saward rarely gets anything right. He's just some jumped up toff with an opinion and no real knowledge.

Apparently, Bruno Senna's friends back in Brasil have been tweeting that he's got the job. All will be revealed I guess.
"I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it".

roadie

OK, so the driver line up has been completed. Personally I was never impressed when watching Senna in GP2 (although he was up against Hamilton), and haven't been convinced by his performances in F1 so far...

I will put faith in Williams' evaluations, but I can't help but feel that essentially it was down to either Rubens or Senna, and financial and personal reasons may have trumped ability.

As far as the car goes, of course all the right noises are coming out of the factory. Can't wait to get a first look at it next month!

scarbs

I hear williams will have the same dolphin nose as Ferrari are rumoured to be running. That is a low (sub 550mm) nose then rising up in a slope to a high front bulkhead (at 625mm).

Petroltorque

Don't you mean a banana nose. A dolphin nose would suggest it will have a sharp step in it.

Tozza Mazza

scarbs wrote:I hear williams will have the same dolphin nose as Ferrari are rumoured to be running. That is a low (sub 550mm) nose then rising up in a slope to a high front bulkhead (at 625mm).
Scarbs I'm fairly sure it's banned, as the chassis height is limited to 550mm at the front bulkhead, as well as a point 1950mm ahead of the back of cockpit entry template (150mm ahead of conventional front bulkhead). Any drop would have to be vertical.

The front bulkhead must also still be 275mm high, even if its moved forward 150mm.

What I am unsure on is the wording of the underside of the tub, which requires a 'linear taper', can you shed some light on this regulation.

I'm 100% certain the dolphin and other noses are banned, and that we won't see them, although they look nice, so I hope I'm wrong!

FrukostScones

Tozza Mazza wrote:
scarbs wrote:I hear williams will have the same dolphin nose as Ferrari are rumoured to be running. That is a low (sub 550mm) nose then rising up in a slope to a high front bulkhead (at 625mm).
Scarbs I'm fairly sure it's banned, as the chassis height is limited to 550mm at the front bulkhead, as well as a point 1950mm ahead of the back of cockpit entry template (150mm ahead of conventional front bulkhead). Any drop would have to be vertical.

The front bulkhead must also still be 275mm high, even if its moved forward 150mm.

What I am unsure on is the wording of the underside of the tub, which requires a 'linear taper', can you shed some light on this regulation.

I'm 100% certain the dolphin and other noses are banned, and that we won't see them, although they look nice, so I hope I'm wrong!
why is the height of the front bulkhead limited to 550mm..?
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Tozza Mazza

FrukostScones wrote:
Tozza Mazza wrote:

Because the rules say so.

FrukostScones

Tozza Mazza wrote:.......

which paragraph? lets discuss in your nose-thread.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

beelsebob

Tozza Mazza wrote:
FrukostScones wrote:why is the height of the front bulkhead limited to 550mm..?
Which rule?

Byronrhys

Tozza Mazza wrote:
FrukostScones wrote:
Tozza Mazza wrote: Scarbs I'm fairly sure it's banned, as the chassis height is limited to 550mm at the front bulkhead, as well as a point 1950mm ahead of the back of cockpit entry template (150mm ahead of conventional front bulkhead). Any drop would have to be vertical.

The front bulkhead isn't limited I think, its the nose height thats limited.

roadie

Would a FW31 style nose (with or without the integrated snowplow) be legal under next years rules?

FW17

Hope william's continue with the low gearbox design

ESPImperium

Already impressed with Senna trying to push the team forward, steering wheel changes are what he is wanting by the sounds of this at 5:00mins onward.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWgwsby1 ... re=related[/youtube]

scuderiafan

That can't be a mockup of their FW34 at 5:40 can it?
"You're so angry that you throw your gloves down, and the worst part is; you have to pick them up again." - Steve Matchett

Patiently waiting...

FW17

ESPImperium wrote:Already impressed with Senna trying to push the team forward, steering wheel changes are what he is wanting by the sounds of this

Didn't his uncle want the same thing?