Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Gerhard Berger

Re: Ferrari F2012

Interested in what exhaust solution we will go for. Modified acer ducts or a sauber style solution?

banibhusan

Gerhard Berger wrote:Interested in what exhaust solution we will go for. Modified acer ducts or a sauber style solution?
Well, the rumour currently is, they are working on both the solutions. A modified launch exhaust, if works fine, would give the most performance benefit, somewhat like the McLaren's. And if it doesn't work fine, then the Sauber solution would be the only route they can take it seems.

The only worry is, they have to get things right ASAP. They don't have the luxury that RB had.

alogoc

If they get the ACER ducts solution to work it would still couse drag?
THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

amouzouris

alogoc wrote:If they get the ACER ducts solution to work it would still couse drag?
probalby yes..as the acer ducts will still be there...so more surface friction thus more drag...BUT if they work it will be drag well sacrificed because it will actually produce some downforce....not compromise the whole car as it is doing now...

Crucial_Xtreme

amouzouris wrote:
alogoc wrote:If they get the ACER ducts solution to work it would still couse drag?
probalby yes..as the acer ducts will still be there...so more surface friction thus more drag...BUT if they work it will be drag well sacrificed because it will actually produce some downforce....not compromise the whole car as it is doing now...
If we still see the Acer Ducts, I suspect they'll be modified as well as the rest of the cars aerodynamics to help with CL-Cd efficiency. Only time will tell of course.

Teechnical

Do you guys reckon the new small wing attached to the beam wing gave us a slight speed advantage? Because the F2012 clearly looked faster in Bahrain than in China. Or was it they were running a low downforce setup?
"We have a new toy" - Fernando Alonso.

raymondu999

Welcome on board Teechnical. The monkey seat is used to give more downforce; but it will probably add some drag, so a slightly lower top speed.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

enz0

This might seem important now that testing is near, but which solution is more efficient in terms of DF and Drag, McLaren style or Sauber style?

raymondu999

enz0 wrote:This might seem important now that testing is near, but which solution is more efficient in terms of DF and Drag, McLaren style or Sauber style?
I think that's a bit of a generic question - maybe should be moved to a more generic thread.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

enz0

What path does the F2012 seem to be going in anyway?

raymondu999

Sauber/Red Bull style
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Teechnical

I'm wondering whether the car next season will stick to a front pull rod suspension. Does it have an advantage over the pushrod layout?
"We have a new toy" - Fernando Alonso.

Crucial_Xtreme

enz0 wrote:What path does the F2012 seem to be going in anyway?
Hard to say really. We've heard different things from the team. Domenicali & Fry alluded to the original exhaust solution, although I would assume a modified version of it. Test driver Marc Gene has mentioned a Sauber style exhaust. So of course we have no idea.

Modifying the original or switching to the Sauber style wouldn't require a major rework of the internals of the car so I'd venture to say it's one or the other. But it all depends on exactly what is really wrong with the car.

motobaleno

we have seen that RB tested in the same race (i.e. identical condition) two different exhaust layouts. maybe also ferrari could do that.
Last edited by motobaleno on 23 Apr 2012, 14:53, edited 1 time in total.

alogoc

Teechnical wrote:I'm wondering whether the car next season will stick to a front pull rod suspension. Does it have an advantage over the pushrod layout?
read last 100 pages on this thread!
THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!