Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Hail22

Re: Ferrari F2012

Half a day remaining until testing begins.

Lets see what technical gizmos and modifications will be brought forward to the team, will be interesting to see if they will retain the same exhaust solution or come into the fold with a Sauber/Macca exhaust system.

I'm interested to find out on a personal note if Rory Byrne will be "physically" attending the test since the Mugello track is not far from his design office to evaluate his rumoured "modified" floor.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

marcush.

with the wheelgun doing 14000 Revolutions per minute ...it´s pretty much no factor if you have 3 ,4 or 5 revolutions to disengage the nut ...even considering the fact you need to accelerate the nut from stand still of course.

What is a factor :You will need a lot more torque /impact to tighten the nut with a coarser thread .

Ti is a very bad bearing medium ..it galls with about everything metal .The coating is TIN

example from a german Materials Institute comparing different coatings for use in injection molding :http://dz-fokus.fhg.de/fopr/fona.html

You have to go quite deeply into the details when deciding what combos work and why .Ignoring a single parameter in your application is calling for potential disater

enz0

Appears as if we'll have to wait for Barcelona till we see the full B-Spec F2012.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/b-fer ... s/?v=2&s=1

motobaleno

enz0 wrote:Appears as if we'll have to wait for Barcelona till we see the full B-Spec F2012.

Also Italian "autosprint" confirms that most of the new stuff will be revealed only in Barcelona...this seems rather strange to me...

Vanja #66

Team has said that they wont run all improvements in Mugello, some of them will be seen in FP1&2 in Barcelona...

I don't really find it that strange, updates are major, they need to be fully tested before being used for the race, and with so many things renewed not all of them can be properly tested in just 3 days. My guess is that those updates for Barcelona itself will be mostly aerodynamic and refinement of those seen in Mugello.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

motobaleno

Vanja #66 wrote:Team has said that they wont run all improvements in Mugello, some of them will be seen in FP1&2 in Barcelona...

I don't really find it that strange, updates are major, they need to be fully tested before being used for the race, and with so many things renewed not all of them can be properly tested in just 3 days. My guess is that those updates for Barcelona itself will be mostly aerodynamic and refinement of those seen in Mugello.
Of course they cannot be properly tested in just 3 days... but I wonder why then it would be better to test them in x-3 days...

luicchi

I just think that it´s incredible that we (ferrari) always , in last few seasons have told that tests were needed , and now that we got the chance we dont have our job done,even working night and day 24 hours per day in the last 2 months (version n1) or we dont want that others see what we did (version2).
In the end at Barcelona we will see like in the last seoson that the updates didnt work as aspected.And then Stefano will come and say It´s in Canada the Big upgrade, And guess what??? Yes another fail!!!Why? Because we have people that seems that are joking with this.Making somekind of mindgames ...i dont understant it.What i know is that Mclaren,RB,Mercedes and Lotus are ahead of us. Sauber and Force india are at the same pace of us (Alonso).And that is dramatic in a team like Scuderia Ferrari, thats what i know.
If it is time to test just test all. Dont try to hide nothing when we are behind . That´s how i see the things, but perhaps i dont know nothing.

Teechnical

^I quote from this website:

'And the well-informed journalist Dimitris Papadopoulos adds that, even though the Mugello-spec Ferrari will have a new nose, sidepods and wings, "there will be no new chassis."'

Does that mean that we will have to wait until Barcelona to see the new updated exhausts on the F2012?
"We have a new toy" - Fernando Alonso.

Crucial_Xtreme

motobaleno wrote:
enz0 wrote:Appears as if we'll have to wait for Barcelona till we see the full B-Spec F2012.

Also Italian "autosprint" confirms that most of the new stuff will be revealed only in Barcelona...this seems rather strange to me...
Well AutoSprint has lost plenty of credibility in the past couple of months. It has resorted to speculation & gossip. AutoSprint said Ferrari would change the front pull rod suspension. They will not. AutoSprint also "confirmed" that Perez would drive half a day on the last day of the Mugello test. I don't believe that's going to happen.

I'm not sure what we'll see in Mugello, word is the new FW has similar R-shaped elements like McLaren, RB & Mercedes. We can only wait and see what they decide to test. I will be a little angry if they do not test new exhaust. The team has complained for years about the lack of in-season testing and now that it's here they don't want to take full advantage of it? Especially in a year where they're behind the leaders 0.7s or more? :shock:

enz0

luicchi wrote: Stefano will come and say It´s in Canada the Big upgrade, And guess what??? Yes another fail!!!Why? Because we have people that seems that are joking with this.Making somekind of mindgames ...i dont understant it.What i know is that Mclaren,RB,Mercedes and Lotus are ahead of us. Sauber and Force india are at the same pace of us (Alonso).And that is dramatic in a team like Scuderia Ferrari, thats what i know.
If it is time to test just test all. Dont try to hide nothing when we are behind . That´s how i see the things, but perhaps i dont know nothing.

Actually Canada wasn't a fail the car actually qualified 2nd and 3rd with Alonso and Massa respectively, so if anything it was the weather and the circumstances that flawed the car. The car itself was on the pace so i wouldn't call it a fail, it's a success actually.

miket

Well, I think people are taking what Ferrari is saying and twisting it and drawing way to many conclusions.

All that Pat Fry said is that
1.) they staying with the pull-rod front suspension, not changing that.
2.) And that there will be no new chassis.

So they feel there is nothing wrong with the front suspension and the chassis - if they can fix their problems with new exhaust, side pods, and nose, great.

The people is taking those two statements from Fry and turning it into a thing where Ferrari is not going to test anything new at Mugello :shock:
The F2012B has always been a rumor nothing more.

Well we will see tomorrow - till then keep your panties on and relax :lol:

Afterburner

Not testing all of the upgrades doesn't means it's a bad thing, i think they wanna test all the basic (exaust maninly) in all conditions (qualy, race stints and different fuel loads) to get a proper and good setup they could work on. The much they change the car, the hardest is to know what's working or not, they're being clever right now and not beeing greedy, from my point of view it makes sense...

elFranZ

Afterburner wrote:Not testing all of the upgrades doesn't means it's a bad thing, i think they wanna test all the basic (exaust maninly) in all conditions (qualy, race stints and different fuel loads) to get a proper and good setup they could work on. The much they change the car, the hardest is to know what's working or not, they're being clever right now and not beeing greedy, from my point of view it makes sense...
Sorry, but I don't buy it.
Ferrari still lacks in WT and CFD compared to other top teams, so they'll have to squeeze every single second in Mugello trying the many updates they can, hoping it works immediately. Otherwise the season is gone.
They've always been good in track-testing, so enough with rumors, we're a few hours from the truth.

Crucial_Xtreme

elFranZ wrote: Sorry, but I don't buy it.
Ferrari still lacks in WT and CFD compared to other top teams, so they'll have to squeeze every single second in Mugello trying the many updates they can, hoping it works immediately. Otherwise the season is gone.
They've always been good in track-testing, so enough with rumors, we're a few hours from the truth.
Ferrari has said they will use the first two days at Mugello to compare exhaust solutions and that it will introduce 'more significant updates' on the final day.

amouzouris

i think that they should test upgrades extensively to learn how they work....not plugging 10 upgrades on the car and gain 0.500s but without having any clue how they work...if they learn how they work they might be able to extract another 0.250 for example...if u get what i mean! :D