Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Crucial_Xtreme

Re: Ferrari F2012

Hail22

Straight away, new floor and exhaust position is slightly different.

Comparison from China to Mugello

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

raymondu999

Everything still looks the same - maybe coke bottle looks a bit tighter? Exhausts look the same too.

Not surprising really. They're probably still gathering baseline data, especially considering it's wet out there.

Hail - what's new about the floor? Were those three small slots already there previously?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

imightbewrong

elFranZ

raymondu999 wrote:
Hail - what's new about the floor? Were those three small slots already there previously?
The grey piece at the slots side is new.
Oh, and acer ducts are a little shorter.

Crucial_Xtreme

raymondu999 wrote:Everything still looks the same - maybe coke bottle looks a bit tighter? Exhausts look the same too.

Not surprising really. They're probably still gathering baseline data, especially considering it's wet out there.

Turning vane by rear tyre is new and theres also a new turning vane on the floor closer to the gear box.

Hail22

raymondu999 wrote:
3 vein cuts (2 small and 1 large) in front of rear wheel are old but were not used during the first 4 GPs.

The silver Turning vein is brand new, could possibly directing flow to the beam wing, start hole.

There is also a large turning vein just under the suspension arm which may be forcing airflow to the brake ducts/rear wheel.

These are my personal views...nothing professional going on here :roll:
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

afiq

Hail22 wrote:Straight away, new floor and exhaust position is slightly different.

Comparison from China to Mugello

[img]http://s1-05.twitpicproxy.com/photos/fu ... 480640[img]
The coke bottle area is the one tested at Jerez and Barcelona 1. Now the test bodywork is used again, maybe with some change.

The bodywork was opened up at Barcelona 2 and the flyaway races, so we don't see the shrink-wrapped bodywork with bulges all around.

Crucial_Xtreme

Hail22 wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:
3 vein cuts (2 small and 1 large) in front of rear wheel are old but were not used during the first 4 GPs.
The 3 holes in the floor was used in Bahrain. See here--> http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/3076 ... 2slots.jpg

Yes the turning vanes are new.

Nando

SchumacherM wrote:It's only logical that they establih a baseline of performance and various figures and then slap on the upgrades.

Oh and damn it, Ferrari should paint more of the car black, that looks AWESOME! :D

PICTURE

Oh yeah, sod the Santander white..
I agree on the black livery, i think that is something they should run during the "dark ages" when they have no titles.
Santander logo could be made to fit with black background as well.

But thank god the cars don´t look like that anymore. Back then i loved them but now i just think they look like squashed pieces of carbon. Almost looks like it´s melted slightly :)
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

simpsonsmalta

hi new in here

it seams to me that the part where the fiat logo is is different as well

Nando

Does this create some lift?

Those two bottom elements are angled in the opposite direction of let´s say the rest of the elements and the little wing above it.
Do that create lift or does it create downforce?

"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

amouzouris

Nando wrote:Does this create some lift?

Those two bottom elements are angled in the opposite direction of let´s say the rest of the elements and the little wing above it.
Do that create lift or does it create downforce?

[img]http://www.formula1.com/wi/597x478/sutt ... 08.jpg[img]
it will create downforce...its like the leading edge of the rear wing

edit: it would create lift if it was alone there without the rest of the wing behind it...i hope u get what i mean
Last edited by amouzouris on 01 May 2012, 11:03, edited 1 time in total.

MarkedOne8

In theory that should make lift but it is magic called aerodynamics. hehe
The air follows the shape of profile, little bit down, then gets accelerated up towards the upper end of profile.That actually increases the area of wing profile.
Fernando Alonso is the best pay-to-drive driver in F1 with the biggest amount of money behind him.
http://f1bias.com/2012/04/05/truth-abou ... nder-2008/

imightbewrong