Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Mazdaboy

Re: Ferrari F2012

Every race ends when the chequered flag is out!

italian

Mazdaboy wrote:Image
Other sensors, I suppose. I think in Barcellona we will see something new on the rear wing.
Excuse my OT but I'd like to know in what site do you find these beatiful High-Res. pictures. Thanks. :D
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, but about the universe I still have some doubts." Albert Einstein

Mazdaboy

Pictures from F1fanatic

aral

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
gilgen wrote:
Crucial_Xtreme wrote:They tried multiple exhaust "blowing" configurations during the Jerez test. Here they are clearly blowing towards the rear brake ducts. They've obviously not figured out which is the best.
That is an early image of the exhaust, when some bodywork was cut away, as it was burning. Compare that to the Alonso Ferrari, and you will see the change, to inward blowing exhausts. Also, have a look at the heat shield on the inside of the endplates, with Alonso driving. It protects more of the endplate, and it is obvious that exhaust is now being blown to the beam wing and deflected upwards. Very major change in ideas.
Here is Alonso driving with the exhaust in the exact same position. As I said earlier they tried many different configs.
I was referring to the shots shown earlier on this thread, when Alonso was driving a car with the latest mods.

Mazdaboy

I think the wiring loom on the floor is connecting to a laser and measured the rear tyre inner sidewall temperature.

eslam1986

joseluisf1:

"Ferrari have already found what the aerodynamical problem is, to see if tomorrow or know more details;)"
"They seem to have changed the rules for approval of the chassis, which would design a new one and re-passing the FIA crash test"
"However, I could not confirm this new standard anywhere, so I leave it in simple 'rumor'"
"There are rumors that Ferrari has hired more engineers, in this case for jobs back office"

radosav

eslam1986 wrote:joseluisf1:

"Ferrari have already found what the aerodynamical problem is, to see if tomorrow or know more details;)"
"They seem to have changed the rules for approval of the chassis, which would design a new one and re-passing the FIA crash test"
"However, I could not confirm this new standard anywhere, so I leave it in simple 'rumor'"
"There are rumors that Ferrari has hired more engineers, in this case for jobs back office"
i follow him via twitter, these news about changing chassis are not related to ferrari. that caused a lot of confusion in 'autosport forum'

raymondu999

Isn't that basically the crash test rules that came into force a few years back? If you had a new crash; you'd have to undergo another crash test? Which lead to people separating the crash structure from the actual outer "skin?"
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

sknguy

Mazdaboy wrote:I think the wiring loom on the floor is connecting to a laser and measured the rear tyre inner sidewall temperature.

Could the exhaust simply be used to maintain specific heat in one of the compounds for performance reasons, or were they worried about excessive heating? Likely the later I suspect?

radosav

joseluisf1:

"Telemetry test indicated that the F2012 lost downforce in curves inexplicably, lost balance and traction"
"These sudden loss of downforce were random, as this not occurred in the same part of the same curve"
"During a pit stop to solve a problem of reliability, Alonso and Fry spoke in depth about this strange behaviour"
"Apparently, during the conversation to Fry 'is turned on the light', I call Tombazis and began to make some laps"
"They've "armed" the car with 'aerodynamic markers' and were looking back to back flow and suspicions from Fry seemed to be confirmed"
"In Maranello confirmed the cause: several pieces of 'material progress' yielded to the pressure and the flow was diverted improperly"
"That was the reason that the problems were not detected in the tunnel, parts of the model did not have that problem"
"In production are sleepless in order to investigate why those pieces behaved so, failure to manufacture and / or misscalculation?"

Hush

Sorry, but where there is smoke there is fire.

This car is turning out to be very troublesome.

Richard

Intriguing quotes from twitter. Who is joseluisf1, how does get this sort of information?

Schulteiss

richard_leeds wrote:Intriguing quotes from twitter. Who is joseluisf1, how does get this sort of information?
nobody knows, which makes him less and less authentic, it seems.

Maynard G. Krebs

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:They tried multiple exhaust "blowing" configurations during the Jerez test. Here they are clearly blowing towards the rear brake ducts. They've obviously not figured out which is the best. Right click>view image.
In lightening that picture up a bit I can see that the bodywork from the fin air intake goes right into the rear LED light/crash structure, which passes right by where the axles join the tranny. Maybe a bit of extra cooling going on there, but they need to exit that air too, hence the hole below the light?

And see how sticky those tires look, and they appears to be hards!