Mercedes AMG F1 W03

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Forza

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03

Brawn said the problem for DRS faliure was in hydraulic coupling.

techF1LES

Mercedes revised inboard wheel vane (note "r" shaped flow conditioner under brake duct inlet)

marcush.

that´s a big scoop compared with Williams and Ferrari... :evil:

Owen.C93

More little vanes. I think the angle is making the sidepods look a little squarer as well.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

mantikos

No winglets

Huntresa

mantikos wrote:No winglets
Might just be that they havent changed FW since Canada, as in just shipped directly, cause this isnt a low df track so.

Byronrhys

Naw, that wing has clearly been repainted and sponsor logo has been placed on the winglet... it has been back to the factory so i'm expected to see it be ran at least in fp1.

Owen.C93

That's a very strange development if they are going to run with it.

Matt Somers

Just mentioned this on twitter but if you look at that Sidepod pic there is not only the vortex generator to look at. For some reason they have a chock of wood (that's what it looks like) jammed into the little duct next to the cockpit. Secondly they have a hole in the front face of the wing mirror. Pretty sure the mirror notch to the side profile is new too but need to check back over old pics when at the laptop later.
Catch me on Twitter https://twitter.com/SomersF1 or the blog http://www.SomersF1.co.uk
I tweet tech images for Sutton Images

NewtonMeter

Matt Somers wrote:Just mentioned this on twitter but if you look at that Sidepod pic there is not only the vortex generator to look at. For some reason they have a chock of wood (that's what it looks like) jammed into the little duct next to the cockpit. Secondly they have a hole in the front face of the wing mirror. Pretty sure the mirror notch to the side profile is new too but need to check back over old pics when at the laptop later.
Might the wood in the side-of-cockpit-duct not merely be there to stop foreign objects entering? Or are you implying the duct is new? I think it was there before however...
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool...

axle

It doesnt' look like wood to me, more like the contruction material exposed...ie honeycomb
- Axle

Owen.C93

Matt Somers wrote:Just mentioned this on twitter but if you look at that Sidepod pic there is not only the vortex generator to look at. For some reason they have a chock of wood (that's what it looks like) jammed into the little duct next to the cockpit. Secondly they have a hole in the front face of the wing mirror. Pretty sure the mirror notch to the side profile is new too but need to check back over old pics when at the laptop later.
I think that wood you see is just exposed gold lining to the monocoque. The hole in the mirror is for tyre temp.

NewtonMeter

Owen.C93 wrote: I think that wood you see is just exposed gold lining to the monocoque. The hole in the mirror is for tyre temp.
Seriously? That's pretty awesome! Is there an IR sensor or something in it? Genuinely intrigued.

I am easily amused, yes. It's both a blessing and a curse... :D
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool...

Owen.C93

NewtonMeter wrote:
Owen.C93 wrote: I think that wood you see is just exposed gold lining to the monocoque. The hole in the mirror is for tyre temp.
Seriously? That's pretty awesome! Is there an IR sensor or something in it? Genuinely intrigued.

I am easily amused, yes. It's both a blessing and a curse... :D
I believe so. I know McLaren ran the same thing on the MP4-26.

clipsy1H

Any uptade for Valencia?

BTW: This car is so fast on Sector 1 but lose over 0.300 on sector 2 and Sector 3 is kinda normal.