RRA and Wind Tunnels

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Nando

Re: Ferrari F2012

Why would Martin say things like this?
McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh is confident that the FIA and Formula 1 teams can come to a final agreement on cost-cutting soon.
July 22nd 2012
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/101404

Seems to me RRA is something they are striving for but doesn´t really exist right now. Apart from the "cut down on what you can, like personnel"
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

raymondu999

I think that's saying the RRA isn't sustainable, or isn't effective. But the RRA is definitely in operation.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

radosav

Ferrari can loan 45.000.000 $ from any bank for wind tunnel, as credit, on 30 years .
so every year they pay back about 1.750.000 $ which can be in range of RRA.

edit: i have realised the real price of wind tunnel (at first i wrote 10.000.000$)

superdread

radosav wrote:Ferrari can loan 45.000.000 $ from any bank for wind tunnel, as credit, on 30 years .
so every year they pay back about 1.750.000 $ which can be in range of RRA.

edit: i have realised the real price of wind tunnel (at first i wrote 10.000.000$)
They don't even need a bank, if they have enough money (and Ferrari has quite a lot) they can 'lend' to themselves and 'repay' that credit in rates. It is more like distributing an investment over several years (the prospected amortisation duration).

Businesses do that for tax purposes all the time, i.e. shift the one-time investment on the annual gains and saving corporate tax. This goes for every size of investment (new company car to new factory) and is more of n accounting practice than a business practice.

Nando

Why not just build it?

Who´s gonna say anything? And if they do? What can happen?
Last edited by Richard on 30 Sep 2012, 22:56, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal comment.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Spankyham

Re: RRA and Wind Tunnels

It's been said earlier, there is no spending limits in the RRA, so Ferrari can go out and build two if they like.

It's also been pointed out that the RRA has been proven impotent anyway, no way of policing and therefore enforcing.
"He was the fastest driver I ever saw - faster even than Fangio"
_______________________________- Mike Hawthorn on Alberto Ascari