Red Bull RB9-Renault (pre-launch speculation)

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
MercAMGF1Fans

Re: Red Bull RB9-Renault (pre-launch speculation)

Here's the English version

http://www.yallaf1.com/2012/12/05/team- ... -schedule/
“The biggest change was the exhaust system which we had developed for two years and suddenly we had to start from scratch,” added Newey

raymondu999

Probably just means they'll miss Test 1. No biggie IMO. Brawn in 2009 and Red Bull in 2010 also missed Test 1.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Gridlock

Well we know one new thing concrete that if it's ben mentioned I've missed, it will officially be called the Infiniti Red Bull Racing RBR-9 Renault (mouthful..)

Not really technical except in the most macro sense, but at least it's something.

raymondu999

The car is Red Bull RB9. Infiniti Red Bull Racing is the team, where Infiniti isn't actually part of the team name but is the title sponsor (like Vodafone is to McLaren)
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Nando

Red Bull Technologies 9 ;)
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

raymondu999

Eh? The cars have never been named "Red Bull Technologies" though.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Nando

maybe i should write disclaimer: extremely obvious joke.

raymondu999

Meh. Extremely obvious is a relative term :P
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Nando

Everything is relative.
But this one was pretty damn obvious. Even had a smiley there and everything.

raymondu999

In your culture, maybe. But certainly not mine.

Meh. Suit yourself.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

andrewf1

raymondu999 wrote:In your culture, maybe. But certainly not mine.

Meh. Suit yourself.
Ray, it mostly likely was a reference to the whole Red Bull Technology vs Red Bull Racing budgets issue, at least that's how i read it and it made some sense. "In your culture maybe, not mine" is quite a condescending comment and an unnecessary claim of some sort of high ground which really isn't needed in this case. It was just a light comment, or a pun, or anything you wish to call it but it definitely wasn't 'misleading' information which needed to be quickly addressed.

raymondu999

You read it wrong, if you read it as condescending. My culture meaning literally the cultural background to which I was brought up. My home country is nowhere near Europe or the Americas, and statistics place the number of those able to read or write English at slightly over half a percent, let alone those who are able to read/write English well enough to understand and catch sarcasm.

I in fact did not realise that it was a sarcastic jibe on the RBR-RBT relationship, until he specifically said that it was meant to be an obvious joke. I read his comment as correcting the car name. Simple as.

Simple fact of the matter is, different cultures will perceive things, including jokes, differently. Something that is a joke in one culture could be in fact offensive in other cultures. Hence why I said, "extremely obvious is a relative term" - to upbringings and cultures.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

turbof1

raymondu999 wrote:You read it wrong, if you read it as condescending. My culture meaning literally the cultural background to which I was brought up. My home country is nowhere near Europe or the Americas, and statistics place the number of those able to read or write English at slightly over half a percent, let alone those who are able to read/write English well enough to understand and catch sarcasm.

I in fact did not realise that it was a sarcastic jibe on the RBR-RBT relationship, until he specifically said that it was meant to be an obvious joke. I read his comment as correcting the car name. Simple as.

Simple fact of the matter is, different cultures will perceive things, including jokes, differently. Something that is a joke in one culture could be in fact offensive in other cultures. Hence why I said, "extremely obvious is a relative term" - to upbringings and cultures.
Ehmm, no offense meant, but even though most people in your country can't understand english, you certainly can. It's a strong feat if you belong to those 0.5%, but would also mean you should be able to understand basic implicit messages. I find it quite suprising actually you didn't got the sarcastic undertone :o . It isn't the first time sarcasm was used here, and you have been active here for quite a while.

Again no offense meant :p. I just think it has less to do with culture more with that you missed the sarcasm :p.
#AeroFrodo

Nando

raymondu999 wrote:In your culture, maybe. But certainly not mine.

Meh. Suit yourself.
Or it´s simply you again wanting to start discussions on such obvious things even people who wasn´t even part of the discussion figured it out.

We know you love discussions but please, just once, don´t engage in a discussion just because.
It would be much simpler if you took a breath or two, relaxed, READ what i wrote and thought about it for 5 seconds then posted.

It´s not the first time you just write something without thinking then other people have to tell you it was pretty obvious.

Lesson #1 - when someone makes a smiley likes this one :wink: which is called "wink" meaning wink wink wink read between the lines.
Last edited by Nando on 15 Dec 2012, 19:18, edited 1 time in total.

raymondu999

turbof1 wrote:I just think it has less to do with culture more with that you missed the sarcasm :p.
And the reason I missed it couldn't be linked to cultural reasons? :lol:
Ehmm, no offense meant, but even though most people in your country can't understand english, you certainly can. It's a strong feat if you belong to those 0.5%, but would also mean you should be able to understand basic implicit messages.
Understanding English, and understanding sarcasm, are two quite different things.
Last edited by raymondu999 on 15 Dec 2012, 19:19, edited 1 time in total.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法