Force India VJM06 Mercedes

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Huntresa
Huntresa

Re: Force India VJM06 Mercedes

OppositeLock wrote::| Looking very similar to the Mercedes W03. From the front wing to the cooling vents behind the exhaust outlets. #-o
FW is the same as they used all year which it was launched with last year. Nothing like merc w03 FW

KATO

Huntresa wrote:
OppositeLock wrote::| Looking very similar to the Mercedes W03. From the front wing to the cooling vents behind the exhaust outlets. #-o
FW is the same as they used all year which it was launched with last year. Nothing like merc w03 FW
Alot of sites including this one are saying its entirely the same car as last year the only difference Is it has gotten rid of the step nose. So really they are taking the 2012 car I to 2013 they seem to only have worked on the suspension and and fixing problems mechanical problems So that they can have a more consistent car. Because they want to be able to give a more consistent challenge this season. Their bug fixes/changes in the suspension are a good idea because they probably want to be easier on the tires like the C-31 was..
"Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."
__Ayrton Senna

Forza

vas_04614
vas_04614

KATO wrote:
Huntresa wrote:
Alot of sites including this one are saying its entirely the same car as last year the only difference Is it has gotten rid of the step nose. So really they are taking the 2012 car I to 2013 they seem to only have worked on the suspension and and fixing problems mechanical problems So that they can have a more consistent car. Because they want to be able to give a more consistent challenge this season. Their bug fixes/changes in the suspension are a good idea because they probably want to be easier on the tires like the C-31 was..
From TD interview, looks like they made 2013 car for tires. He said a lot about all 4 compounds having different operating range and they tried to prepare a car that finds sweet spot with all 4 compounds which they weren't last year.

Could be that they think a lot can be gained from tires compared their 2012 car than going for creative ideas.

scarbs
scarbs

KATO wrote: Alot of sites including this one are saying its entirely the same car as last year the only difference Is it has gotten rid of the step nose. So really they are taking the 2012 car I to 2013 they seem to only have worked on the suspension and and fixing problems mechanical problems So that they can have a more consistent car. Because they want to be able to give a more consistent challenge this season. Their bug fixes/changes in the suspension are a good idea because they probably want to be easier on the tires like the C-31 was..
Really?

The car has a totally new tub, this can be told from the squarer cross section footwell (no longer V shaped) different roll structure and KERS cooling inlet. There's new sidepods, new exhausts, New KERS package and New McLaren gearbox with totally revised rear suspension. Also the car runs more rake and is ready for interlinked suspension. Oh and a new nose.

Richard
Richard

Scarbs - I though the same when I saw that comment, thanks for highlighting those features.

amouzouris

For some reason this seems to be the year that everyone thinks teams are launching their old car...and this started in the E21 thread...

King Six
King Six

amouzouris wrote:For some reason this seems to be the year that everyone thinks teams are launching their old car...and this started in the E21 thread...
Even I thought that too, it's expected though considering how little the rules have changed. It's the first time in a while where the rules have been quite stable.

stefan_
stefan_

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Forza

Jerez - day 2

siskue2005

lifting the inside wheel on a fast corner like that?? :shock:
their antiroll bar setting must be really stiff
Last edited by siskue2005 on 06 Feb 2013, 17:05, edited 1 time in total.

Maxion
Maxion

Looks like he's actually hitting the kerb in that shot.

Amazing looking testing rig they've got, never seen one that large and elaborate before.

bjpower
bjpower

Interesting that there is a motor attached to the instrument.
I assume its for adjusting the position up and down so they don't have to come into the pits.

I know during a race they cannot transmit data to the car.
but are they allowed during testing?

Gridlock

I'm sure I've seen that kind of movable test rig on a McLaren before, which would make sense given their relationship. I assume last years' FW is fitted, meaning this measurement is about the 2013 tyre airflow?

stefan_
stefan_

Jerez - Day 2

Nice curvature of the endplates, following the fin from the bottom (or so it seems)

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985