Sauber C32 Ferrari

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Manoah2u

Re: Sauber C32 Ferrari

I remember sauber repeating that for a couple of years now, all the way back to 2011, the car looked fast and clean, but
the results were quite different. The question thus is whether the problem is technical, or if despite it looking fast,
is aerodynamically not that sound. I've seen fugly cars performing way better. maybe we shouldn't be so appealed to aesthetically pleasant cars. Well, that'll be easy next year :mrgreen:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

marcush.

Re: Sauber C32 Ferrari

Sauber ran in financial trouble early on this season .According to Monisha Kaltenborn they knew very early on what the problem was but had no money available to bring the parts on stream.
this led to all people involved work harder on the theories and in areas (non aero) to make improvements.According to Kaltenborn the team has discovered through all this a inherent weakness -track specific- they had carried all the years and how to rectify this weakness .
The car and driver combo was not a disappointment at all to me .Hulkenberg delivered and Sauber was a force in the second half of the season.
Guttierez unfortunatelly was not able to deliver as expected a single points finish albeit a very good one is a bit thin.
The race team made too many mistakes-no start in the first race - a unsafe release an exploded brake disc..Otherwise Hulk alone would have managed to beat the two force Indias -with the c32 potential.

One could argue Perez and Kobayashi had also bad luck not scoring more last year