Red Bull RB9 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
stefan_

Re: Red Bull RB9 Renault

Andrew Benson ‏@andrewbensonf1

Ever-secretive, Red Bull whacked the covers back on the car even before everyone had stood up
From what people say on twitter, the 'launch' was a semi-fiasco and paranoia seems to be high at RB right now. Why are you making a public unveiling if you are not willing to let the people take a proper look?
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Juzh

Just_a_fan wrote:I get the feeling that the RedBull might be running out of development potential with this series of car (RB6-9) compared to others - albeit because they started ahead and the others have been catching up a lot of the time. Will be interesting to watch.
Exactly my thoughts. I bet you any money RB9 will be slower in melbourne than RB8 was in usa/brazil.

CHT
CHT

Juzh wrote:Craig Scarborough ‏@ScarbsF1
@redbullf1spy 'Launch' over, car covered up, sunday afternoon wasted to see a nose cone from a distance in a dark warehouse

Either they're really hiding something, which is unlikely, or they're afraid competition might realize they simply dont have an answer for 2013.
or they could be behind schedule and the car is still incomplete as of today.

CHT
CHT

I noticed in the video that the car number switches from 1 to 2. why do they have to use 2 different cars for the video shoot?

ecapox

Worst. Episode. Ever.

stefan_

CHT wrote:I noticed in the video that the car number switches from 1 to 2. why do they have to use 2 different cars for the video shoot?
I'm pretty sure those are renders, and if not they just put different numbers on.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

desl

diego1960 wrote:I don't know, sidepods appear slightly larger than the ones on RB8, although I might be mistaken.
It seems to me the sidepods have smaller intakes compared to the RB8 ... but the complete sidepods are seemingly not smaller (like the C32 one's)

mith

Juzh wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:I get the feeling that the RedBull might be running out of development potential with this series of car (RB6-9) compared to others - albeit because they started ahead and the others have been catching up a lot of the time. Will be interesting to watch.
Exactly my thoughts. I bet you any money RB9 will be slower in melbourne than RB8 was in usa/brazil.
I think RB9 heritage leeds even further directly to RB5, first pull-rod car since few years back then.

dren

Yeah, it looks like the sidepods might have been pushed back a tad and slightly reworked. There isn't much that is new on the car. Red Bull must have really poured on the resources late last season to win the championship.
Honda!

Nando

Interesting shape of the sidepods. Soon they´ll be a half sphere if things continue like this.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Joie de vivre

Love the purple.

Have a feeling that nose cone is flexible.

Anyway logical evolution.

ringo

Just_a_fan wrote:Interesting that they've added a monkey seat. Last year we were told by certain people that a monkey seat means the team are struggling with downforce. I wonder if those same people will claim the same now...
Well you worded it incorrectly, but yes if you want easy cheap and effective downforce you get a monkey seat.
Which team wouldn't be struggling for more downforce with stable regulations anyway?
For Sure!!

Jersey Tom

turbof1 wrote:Worst launch ever.
They may be more interested / focused on engineering a championship caliber car than putting on a good dog and pony show.

Interesting livery though. I still think we won't be able to glean much of anything from these launches, and not until cars are in true season spec.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

Forza