Mercedes AMG F1 W04

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
pmneo
pmneo

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W04

The Front Wings are the same ...

chepoi
chepoi

***deleted***
Last edited by chepoi on 26 Mar 2013, 15:44, edited 1 time in total.

kooleracer
kooleracer

pmneo wrote:http://c280.pmneo.de/gallery/pmneo/mixed/W04/W04.jpg

Look at the angle of the FW´s. The back part is lower, but isnt that normal because the presure on the casade wings etc. are higher?

upload img
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

pmneo
pmneo

Well i think this is realy hard to say, because of the different angles in the photo ...

And Lewis car should have less downforce at the rear because of DRS in use, or?

khaliweed
khaliweed

MERCEDES AMG F1: "The team will concentrate on keeping up the pace of development heading into the 2 flyways before the circus comes back to Europe!"

Meaning more updates coming? Interesting. =D>

Mika1
Mika1

Well, I can't imagine they mean something different. I haven't spotted big updates since the final day of testing, so it's time to introduce a new package.
The boss follows me on twitter.

PlatinumZealot

khaliweed wrote: Are they having different side vents next to drivers head?

EPIC PHOTO!!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

NewtonMeter
NewtonMeter

Mika1 wrote:Well, I can't imagine they mean something different. I haven't spotted big updates since the final day of testing, so it's time to introduce a new package.
High time Id say. If they want to run with the bulls (pun definitely intended) they're gonna have to be absolutely relentless with the updates.

They squandered a similarly good start to the season last year, so I hope to see that they learned their lesson.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool...

MacX

khaliweed wrote:MERCEDES AMG F1: "The team will concentrate on keeping up the pace of development heading into the 2 flyways before the circus comes back to Europe!"

Meaning more updates coming? Interesting. =D>
Some updates for GP China??

Gridlock

Importance of GP to Mercedes:

1) Germany (duh)
2) Malaysia (Petronas)
3) China (kerching)

So yes, I'd expect updates.

Shakeman

Gridlock wrote:Importance of GP to Mercedes:

1) Germany (duh)
2) Malaysia (Petronas)
3) China (kerching)

So yes, I'd expect updates.
I think you'll find kerching is in Borneo...

user001
user001

kooleracer wrote:

Look at the angle of the FW´s. The back part is lower, but isnt that normal because the presure on the casade wings etc. are higher?

http://postimage.org/
upload img
and this tilting is an advantage cause you get slightly more air under the car? (more downforce?)

ForMuLaOne
ForMuLaOne

winth304 wrote:
kooleracer wrote:

http://postimage.org/
upload img
and this tilting is an advantage cause you get slightly more air under the car? (more downforce?)
It is an advantage in many ways. Tilting back and flexing downwards can result in a better drag/downforce ratio. The lower angle of attack of the air means less drag (tilting back). The decreasing amount of downforce can become compensated by a smaller distance to the ground (flexing downwards). The smaller the distance between front wing and ground, the more downforce you create because of effects which are similar to those of a diffusor.

SiLo

The shadows are causing tricks, they are the same vents, it's just the perspective is ever slightly different on each car causing you to see further "round" on one car than the other where the shadow is actually apparent.

I'd love to see them get to understand the car more this year, I don't mind if they don't bring constant massive updates, sometimes understanding the car more is worth the same as designing a part to be stuck on the car.
Felipe Baby!

yener

SiLo wrote:The shadows are causing tricks, they are the same vents, it's just the perspective is ever slightly different on each car causing you to see further "round" on one car than the other where the shadow is actually apparent.

I'd love to see them get to understand the car more this year, I don't mind if they don't bring constant massive updates, sometimes understanding the car more is worth the same as designing a part to be stuck on the car.
Not true.

They used different vents.

"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC