Mercedes AMG F1 W04

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
dans79

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W04

gilgen wrote:
dans79 wrote: He also doesn't seem to care much about mechanical grip, and that's going to be really important next year.
That's funny! mechanical grip coming out of corners was actually the RBs strong point.
I have to disagree, over the last 4 years RBR has relied heavily on aerodynamic grip. The main source of the aero grip has been a blown diffuser of one form or another. The additional down force (aero grip) generated by the blown diffuser, has allowed them to maintain higher speeds through turns, not accelerate out of them faster. All you have to do is look back at this year and the mid season tire change. prior to the switch to the more durable 2012 tires rbr was not the fastest car. After the tire switch they where able to pile on the aero grip and run away from the field.

If Merc further refines the fric system, and has the superior power plant that the paddock thinks it has, they could walk both championships next year in my opinion. I also think passive DRS will be play a part next year as well, and Merc has been playing with that more than anyone else.
197 104 103 7

raymondu999

失败者找理由,成功者找方法

emmepi27
emmepi27

They had it in Korea for the first time, after Rosberg's problem in Singapore...

dren

Gary Anderson wrote:"Unlike the McLaren, which looked a step forward in every area, I wouldn't necessarily say I'm seeing anything too exciting about the Mercedes."
Ahhh Gary Anderson...
Honda!

Huntresa
Huntresa

That comment should be more like " In the Mclaren i see untested stuff in every area..."

heimana
heimana

dren wrote:
Gary Anderson wrote:"Unlike the McLaren, which looked a step forward in every area, I wouldn't necessarily say I'm seeing anything too exciting about the Mercedes."
when did he say this?

MacX

heimana wrote:
dren wrote:
when did he say this?
he said this after launch W04

heimana
heimana

he was wrong HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA we'll see what he'll say at launch of the W05 :D

mikeerfol

heimana wrote:he was wrong HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA we'll see what he'll say at launch of the W05 :D
And the opposite will be true :P

SectorOne

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSNwwFPAhfo[/youtube]

I don´t think anyone was really wow:ed by Mercedes pre-season other then some of the times they did.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Burgess
Burgess

The launch car had a lot of the old aero bits on it didn't it? It's not like a comment on the launch day ever had much accuracy.