Force India VJM07 Mercedes

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
andae23

Re: Force India VJM07 Mercedes

raymondu999 wrote:
andae23 wrote:Anyone spotted this tunnel yet? http://www.flickr.com/photos/77889303@N07/12186113713/
I don't think that's a tunnel. That's a vertical strake, and a reflection, IMO
Now that I look at it again.. yeah, my bad

stefan_

2014 Winter Testing Session 1 / Day 1 - Jerez de la Frontera, Spain (28.01.2014)

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Neno

Front wing design like Lotus last year :idea:

Manoah2u

ugliest car of them all, really

but that frontwing is interesting and that's a strange rear wing mounting solution. interested to see the performances of this car. from a exterior point of view it looks a bit of a mess, i'm afraid it doesnt show loads of potential.

compared to the very basic and simplistic look of the merc, this car seems to have less development capability whereas the merc looks like a platform that can have a broad development during the year.
Last edited by Manoah2u on 28 Jan 2014, 12:31, edited 1 time in total.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

stefan_

It can look like s**t as long as it's fast.

2014 Winter Testing Session 1 / Day 1 - Jerez de la Frontera, Spain (28.01.2014)

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

daveyrace

I like the little aluminium exhaust cover, you don't want to get any mechanics misplacing their tools. It reminds me a bit of the dustbin cover on the Brabham fan car, haha.

Interesting that they have gold on the vertical sections of the monkey seat but not on the wings?

Holm86

Kiril Varbanov

Some interesting solutions from the Force, along with this Gentleman's appendage...
Very clean, i.e. no vertical strakes in the middle to keep the flow attached diffuser, front wing which looks like diffuser, and pivot mount of the rear wishbones, as far as I can see.

Godius

Manoah2u

checo's got a black carbon helmet now?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

dren

That black carbon helmet looks nice with the car!

The cooling exhaust is similar to TR's, rather large all around the back of the engine exhaust.
Honda!

daveyrace

Some interesting cooling fins on the body of the rear brake caliper, with a stick on temperature sensor marked by a green arrow. They also appear to have a silver metallic heat shield on the hub. It would be great to see what the inside face of the rear wheel looked like. There do no appear to be these fins on the front wheel assembly.

Richard

Time for the annual reminder that the car threads are for examining the actual features of the car. If the comment doesn’t relate to an observation of an actual detail on the car then it doesn’t belong in this thread.

For the avoidance of doubt, here are some examples:

• Whitmarsh, Vettel, and Boullier are not features on any car.
  • References to laptimes belong in the relevant test or race thread.
  • Seriously, there is nothing new to say about genitals, gaping fish, or monkeys with big noses. It’s all been said already. We don’t need endless reminders.
  • Soft focus effects belong in wedding albums, not technical posts.
  • “I love this team” or “the TP must be sacked” are fanboy posts
  • Links to a blog are OK as long if you make constructive objective posts here. Otherwise its just spam.

Finally, if you do see posts that are out of order then please report them so they can be dealt with appropriately.
[/color][/i][/b][/size]

Mr.G

daveyrace wrote:Some interesting cooling fins on the body of the rear brake caliper, with a stick on temperature sensor marked by a green arrow. They also appear to have a silver metallic heat shield on the hub. It would be great to see what the inside face of the rear wheel looked like. There do no appear to be these fins on the front wheel assembly.
http://i.imgur.com/wmU8jeG.jpg
I don't think that are cooling fins, looks more like paint to me.
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

monsi

Different front wing design to others, seems to be aimed at pushing air sideways rather than up and sideways. Is this going to work ?